Protect yourself online
WisconsinJodi's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, August 23rd, 2014 4:39 PM

Lost access to email at @sbcglobal.net and have tried everything. Can you help?

Hello Dmitriyi -

I've been trying to regain access to my email account for over 18 months now and thought I'd try again today. I used the account for business and personal and would really like to gain access to some documents that I filed away.

The email account was connected to my ATT service before it was ATT. It was part of SBC Global in Wisconsin and the email was free. The account has an @sbcglobal.net "suffix" instead of @att.net. I have tried all of the tools online to reset my password but now the system doesn't even recognize anything I am inputting. Shortly after the problem started (maybe as a result of being hacked) I did speak with someone at ATT and thought it was resolved but it wasn't.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thank you.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @WisconsinJodi 

I'm very sorry to hear about your email issue. 18 months is quite a long time, the address might have been recycled if it was inactive for so long. Please call our web support at 1-877-312-5550 and they'll be happy to check for you.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Hello Dmitriy - Thank you for your response. I don't know if it's worked yet because we haven't tried calling yet. Long story short...this issue is not mine, it is my boyfriend's. I used to manage his email accounts because he was too busy to keep them in good shape. So while I have his old password, his home address, home phone, etc I'm afraid to make the call myself because they may ask for a account number or some other piece of information I neglected to collect. He will make the call within the next few days I'm sure. After all...it's his emails that are sitting out there.

I will update this post again as soon as I know the outcome.

Thank you again!!

Jodi

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Dump AT&T ! ! ......that is what I intend
to do a just as soon as I can get set up with a NEW I.P. Iam totally fed up with
AT&T continually making UNRequested changes in their Operating System.
The latest change they made in the past
few days was FROM: WWW.ATTYAHOO.COM to:
WWW.START.ATT.COM.which does NOT
SYNC well at all with Internet Explorer !
The Internet is now nothing but a pure pain in the BUTTOCKS to access ANYTHING !
It is a shame that the cannot leave the
Internet alone. Has ANYONE else but me noticed just how much "ADVERTISING" is now being allowed on the Internet ?
You cannot seem to go ANYWHERE for
ANYTHING without first listening to a ton of ADVERTISING ! ......Totally Invasive !

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @GarryOwen,

Your post is a little off topic of this old conversation. However, I would like to inform you that you do not have to have ATT.net as your homepage, you can make that any page you wish. You can access our internet without ever having to look at an AT&T page. With the exception of using webmail. If you prefer yahoo.com as your home page then you can change that in your browser by going to the internet options in your browsers menu.

As far as the ad's, you may want to consider running an antivirus program on your system or even an ad blocker because you make it seem like its more than normal. If it is some kind of virus then it wont matter who your internet provider is because as long as there is a network connection then it can serve you ads. I am personally no fan of ad's, but I went to the ATT.net home page and while a couple of them were large, I didn't feel as if they were too bad.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.