For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
kittski's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, February 21st, 2013 7:46 PM

Locked out subaccounts and no help after 3 weeks

I have had a main ATT email account and three sub-accounts for almost 8 years.   Each of the sub-accounts have now been locked out one after another and the password no longer works.  Now I can only access the main account. When I try and reset the passwords, it tells me I can't becasue the account is inacctive.  What I believe has happened is these accounts were connected to a paid ATT account which I have dropped. They have now become "free' email accounts and they need to be reset.

I have called/emailed/live chatted with four sepperate suppprt centers. All of them eventually pass me onto another support center. The last one has now sent me back to the original center I began with.   During my last chat session a few minutes ago, I explained I haven't had a paid ATT service for about three years. The servce agent told me she COULD reset my information/password, but refused to do so unless I provided my custmer code which would be listed on my ATT bill ?!  

I suppose I could try and dig up an old bill from storage, but there must be an easier way.  Does anyone know if there is any way to access these accounts again? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

@kittski wrote:

I have had a main ATT email account and three sub-accounts for almost 8 years.   Each of the sub-accounts have now been locked out one after another and the password no longer works.  Now I can only access the main account. When I try and reset the passwords, it tells me I can't becasue the account is inacctive.  What I believe has happened is these accounts were connected to a paid ATT account which I have dropped. They have now become "free' email accounts and they need to be reset.

I have called/emailed/live chatted with four sepperate suppprt centers. All of them eventually pass me onto another support center. The last one has now sent me back to the original center I began with.   During my last chat session a few minutes ago, I explained I haven't had a paid ATT service for about three years. The servce agent told me she COULD reset my information/password, but refused to do so unless I provided my custmer code which would be listed on my ATT bill ?!  

I suppose I could try and dig up an old bill from storage, but there must be an easier way.  Does anyone know if there is any way to access these accounts again? 

kittski,

Sorry to hear about the trouble your having with your sub accounts. I have included a few links below that will hopefully help.

Free Email Information

What happens to my existing merged Yahoo! ID after my AT&T service is disconnected or canceled?

AT&T Troubleshoot & Resolve

Still nothing working, please feel free to send a private message to our ATTCustomer care team by following the link below. Please include your name, an accessible email address, phone number and the best time that you can be contacted, please also allow up to 48 hours for a response.

Private Message

James

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi, we received your private message and replied.  We look forward to assisting you.

Thank you.

Phillisa

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Hi

I have the same issue and have sent a PM already.  Please review.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks to someone at ATT chat that helped me.  Finally, spending 3 - 4 hours the night before, got a hold of someone on chat that was able to help me. 

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

11 years ago

I have a subaccount for my daughter (under 13) - and they recently changed rules for minors - so I was asked to approve the account. Which I did. They disabled it anyway. I went back in to my ATT account to re-enable it, and it appears as though it is enabled on that 'manage accounts' page, but the account is not accepting any email nor can we now login because someone (at tech support) assigned a temporary password to it which does not work. Still trying to get this resolved. I feel really bad for the poor souls that work for ATT and are really trying to help, but apparently the agreement between yahoo and ATT must be so convoluted that nobody who works for either company even understands it. I am so disappointed in both of these companies. Deep down, and I know my daughter is going to be heartbroken, I think we just have to assume the account is dead, and whatever she had saved there is gone too. I'm not going to stop trying though.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I cleaned my history and the computer don't reconize my pass word or acct. I tried reapplying , and yahoo says this account is taken.  I never could get into the acct to update the cell phone for whatever reason, i continue accessing using the save. now i am hoping i have a merge on my old att account how can i use the merge drop box to find out if i have a merged account.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.