Protect yourself online
jktigger63's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, October 14th, 2013 4:17 PM

Closed

Locked out of email / Account compromised?

I have been using the same Yahoo email address for many years, probably at least 15 years. Last night before I went to bed I was shocked when I tried to login and the account said that I was entering the wrong password. All of my devices (2 phones, 5 computers) etc. were locked out. Because I used to get my internet through ATT, somehow this yahoo account got linked to my ATT account (I still have the same ATT account because I have several cell phones in the family linked to it).

When I try to see why I cannot login, it keeps sending me to the ATT site where I get lost in loops of "help" that provide no solutions. I know the correct password. It is programmed into several devices. Who do I talk to so that I can fix this? I receive MANY emails daily that I need to deal with, not to mention 15 years of data that I have stored there in old emails. I keep trying to go throught the internet problem trees on ATT.com, but they keep taking me to solutions that are not correct, and I never get to send an email to the help desk.

Thanks for any help you can provide

[Subject edited to reflect combined topics]

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi ChristinaCh,

We received your private message, and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks,

Jenn S.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Did you ever get your problem resolved? MIne is doing the same thing. I really need to get in my email today.

Andrea

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am having trouble with my att.net email address. 2-3 years ago, my primary email was hacked so I created a subaccount that I use.  I still have to use the primary address to access my ATT Uverse account.  However, I am unable to login to the subaccount where my email goes.  Worked a couple of days ago - not working now.  User ID and password have not changed in a couple of months.  Help me please.

Maggie

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I just tried AT&T's reset password procedure, in case that was the problem. The response the form gives me is "Your account is inactive. You will not be able to reset the password with your account in this status."

Why is my account inactive? As I said, I've used this for years. I log in at least monthly and check my e-mail daily. I certainly did not ask them to deactivate it.

More importantly, how do I get this fixed?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello everyone,

There is no universal fix that can be applied to all of your accounts, but our team is successfully resolving individual cases. All of you that still need help, please send us a private message HERE, please include your full name, phone number, email address and the best time you can be reached. One of our amazing social media managers will contact you within 2 business days to help.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hello ,

I cannot access my bellsouth.net email it won't accept my password and I cannot reset the password it wont accept my answers to the security questions. Is there anything I can do to access my account. Its my client email.  Please someone help me. Please Please Please.

Thank You

Karen

[edited for privacy]

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same issues with my att.net email account that I've had for over 2 years.  I sent a PM to customer support but have not heard back.  I have tried to change password option but it gives me a failure notice when I try even though I have answered my secret questions prior to trying to change the password.  I just wish ATT would let me know something.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Sorry if this is posted inappropriately. I searched through old topics and couldn't find a solution that has been posted publicly.

The last time I used my @sbcglobal.net email was on Sunday, October 13, 2013. Things worked perfectly fine, and I was able to go about with my business without a problem. I tried logging in several days later, only to receive an error message, that my ID or password was incorrect despite not changing either of them. When I went through the password changing process (in case I had changed it and forgotten), I received another error message, shown below:

"Your account is inactive. You will not be able to reset the password with your account in this status. If you are under 13 years of age, your parents need to re-approve your access to your email account and other AT&T online services. Your parents can Log In with their User ID (e.g., johndoe@att.net) to give that approval.
(SFPWD43)"

This is quite strange as I have been using it consistently for over 12 years, and this is the first time I've ever received such a message. Again, the last time I had logged in was on Sunday, October 13th, so it is impossible my account would be inactive.

I hope someone can help me regain access to my account! Please and thank you in advance!

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I'm in a unique situation, but have the same problem. I don't have an active AT&T account but an 18 year old Yahoo account that I was suddenly locked out of on evening of 10/15.

After a number of lengthy phone calls, I was told my Yahoo account was "merged" with an AT&T account I had 7 years ago. Now, Yahoo won't do anything because of "contractual obligations" and AT&T, which needs to unmerge the accounts, can't find any information that I ever existed in their system. 

The AT&T phone reps claim, because the deactivated AT&T account is 7 years old, that they can't do anything over the phone. They wanted me to contact an AT&T Online Chat agent. But I've found that even though there's a link on the AT&T website, the service doesn't actually exist. Every selection states they can't help on chat, but that we should call a phone rep instead.

I loathe having to call the phone reps back again, I've been on the phone for over 10 hours trying to resolve this catch-22 already. Does anyone really know what's going on??? 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

My girlfriend is having exactly the same problem. Her sbcglobal account, which worked fine until a few weeks ago, has completely stopped functioning and seems to be disabled.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.