Locked out of email / Account compromised?

Teacher

Re: Email Hacked

Hi Mariana, same thing has happend to me and to others as you can see from previous posts.  I have email I HAVE to get to and I have no way to get it or to reset my password as i cannot remember what i put...i guess my hobbies have changed Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Can you help.  I suspect something odd happened for sure as I got emails at 3 am and then by 6 or so I couldnt get any and was told my password was bad on my iphone , which is automatic and couldnt have been wrong.

Message 16 of 89 (10,829 Views)
Teacher

email password shut down overnight

Same as many others, I woke to find that my password was not good anymore and I cannot reset it , either becuase that is also not working or I have forgotten what I put long ago.  I know the passwords are correct , I have used them for years and they are automatic in my phone and Ipad.  Something happened for sure.  A mass hack or breakdown somewhere but we need help and quick   I would email everyone to tell them not to email me cus I am down but ..........Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Message 17 of 89 (10,834 Views)
Teacher

Re: Sbcglobal.net free email

same here

Message 18 of 89 (10,825 Views)
Teacher

Re: sbcglobal free email address - hacked and locked!

me too, what to do?

Message 19 of 89 (10,820 Views)
Contributor

AT&T Yahoo! services suspended

Hi,

My personal email account and subaccounts have been suspended and I am not sure why...although I am guessing our account may have been comprimised.  Can someone please provide the steps to restore our services.

Thank you,

Tom

Message 20 of 89 (10,827 Views)
Tutor

Re: possible compromised email

yeah, don't know if a hacker gained access to the server because I have checked all my computers for malware, viruses, trojans, and worms.  All came up clean and I keep my anti-virus up to date.

Message 21 of 89 (10,847 Views)
Tutor

actually my e-mail was working at 2pm cdt then when I left work at 3:30pm I couldn't access my account. So it must of happened between 2 and 3:30
Message 22 of 89 (10,846 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

I got email at 3 am this morn but by 6 it wasnt working   makes me wonder if they are afraid there have been some security breeches on their end  and they are being pro active but not announcing it.  very frustrating

Message 23 of 89 (10,844 Views)
Tutor

I was looking for a press release warning of the possible breach.

Message 24 of 89 (10,840 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

me too but i cant find anything except several posting on here that they have issues, but it took me a lot of looking to find this forum so  not everyong would do it or there may be more to come as people check their emails  Just hope someone gets back to us to help  One person on one of the threads wasnt so encouraging.

Message 25 of 89 (10,838 Views)
Contributor

Locked out of email / Account compromised?

[ Edited ]

After numerous attempts, AT&T locked it due to too many log in failures. My account would not allow me to log in using the same password I have for years. Called support and they say account is pending and if I will pay $15 they will look into. Really??? Please help.  Oh and I'm the main account holder and all my sub accounts can still access their e-mail. 

[Subject edited to reflect combined topics]

Message 26 of 89 (10,824 Views)
Contributor

Re: Locked out of email / Account compromised?

[ Edited ]

HELP! I have been locked out and can't get back in. I never changed my information. Now I'm locked out of my account for 24 hours AGAIN as I tried ALL DAY yesterday to log back in! Nothing I am doing is working. PLeASE PLEASE PLEASE Help. Thank you. 

Message 27 of 89 (10,767 Views)
Teacher

More instances listed here of same thing in last day

http://sitedown.co/att

This is likely an ATT issue.

Message 28 of 89 (10,749 Views)
Community Manager

Hello, alundy!

I just wanted to let you know that I have received your private message and will be responding shortly. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 29 of 89 (10,735 Views)
Community Support

Hi Alida!

We received your private message, and one of our managers will be reaching out to you at the email address listed in your profile here on the forums.

Thanks,

Jenn S.

AT&T Social Media Manager

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 30 of 89 (7,243 Views)