For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
jktigger63's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, October 14th, 2013 4:17 PM

Closed

Locked out of email / Account compromised?

I have been using the same Yahoo email address for many years, probably at least 15 years. Last night before I went to bed I was shocked when I tried to login and the account said that I was entering the wrong password. All of my devices (2 phones, 5 computers) etc. were locked out. Because I used to get my internet through ATT, somehow this yahoo account got linked to my ATT account (I still have the same ATT account because I have several cell phones in the family linked to it).

When I try to see why I cannot login, it keeps sending me to the ATT site where I get lost in loops of "help" that provide no solutions. I know the correct password. It is programmed into several devices. Who do I talk to so that I can fix this? I receive MANY emails daily that I need to deal with, not to mention 15 years of data that I have stored there in old emails. I keep trying to go throught the internet problem trees on ATT.com, but they keep taking me to solutions that are not correct, and I never get to send an email to the help desk.

Thanks for any help you can provide

[Subject edited to reflect combined topics]

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

11 years ago

Regarding the oxymoron "technical support", I'm up to 14 days and counting of no SEND ability from a local client software package. Outbound client email went down two weeks ago – I have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue – actually just trying to get someone at AT&T to acknowledge an issue exists.

I have call all of these numbers, some multiple time (and others I neglected to record):

866.435.3264 (billing)

If there is no applicable prompt, keep pressing "0" (at least six times in a row).

Good luck.

Regards,

fiero850

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Has anyone else gotten a message from Internet Security Services today stating that their e-mail address might of been compromised?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

I too was locked out , it looks like this morning.  Almost like they were hacked.  I got email at 3 am while I slept and now none of my accounts work and of course I cannot remember by favorite hobby or first job, one or both.  Who knows what i put back then.  My accounts like the others are signed on automatically so it is not a matter of forgetting a password     So now what.  finding someone to talk to or email is impossible if you dont have a pay account with them.  Do they want to get you to sign up to get help???

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

not sure but looks like several people's accounts had their passwords changed or deleted, including me, while they slept .. Something is surely going on.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Mariana, same thing has happend to me and to others as you can see from previous posts.  I have email I HAVE to get to and I have no way to get it or to reset my password as i cannot remember what i put...i guess my hobbies have changed :):)

Can you help.  I suspect something odd happened for sure as I got emails at 3 am and then by 6 or so I couldnt get any and was told my password was bad on my iphone , which is automatic and couldnt have been wrong.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

Same as many others, I woke to find that my password was not good anymore and I cannot reset it , either becuase that is also not working or I have forgotten what I put long ago.  I know the passwords are correct , I have used them for years and they are automatic in my phone and Ipad.  Something happened for sure.  A mass hack or breakdown somewhere but we need help and quick   I would email everyone to tell them not to email me cus I am down but ..........:):):)

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

same here

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

me too, what to do?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hi,

My personal email account and subaccounts have been suspended and I am not sure why...although I am guessing our account may have been comprimised.  Can someone please provide the steps to restore our services.

Thank you,

Tom

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

yeah, don't know if a hacker gained access to the server because I have checked all my computers for malware, viruses, trojans, and worms.  All came up clean and I keep my anti-virus up to date.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.