Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Is this a legitimate email from AT&T Yahoo Mail, or is it a scam?

Highlighted

Is this a legitimate email from AT&T Yahoo Mail, or is it a scam?

I received this Message in my inbox: 

We are asking all users to upgrade to our newer version service, due to fixing some errors and security info malfunctioning.Starting from 18/09/2018 you will no longer have access to sign-in into your Yahoo account if no action is taken.
UPGRADE TO NEW VERSION
To confirm if your account is already upgraded before please, click here. And fill
Nοte: We the Administrator will be notify if you ignore this new version upgrade ,and we will be forced to de-activate your account.
Sincerely,
Account Service Support.©2018
THIS MESSAGE ABOVE WAS SENT TO ME FROM THIS EMAIL ADDRESS: wlwangsf@sbcglobal.net
 IS IT A LEGITIMATE MESSAGE?
Thank you,
Carol
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by KnoxChurch
‎10-17-2018 9:02 AM

Re: Is this a legitimate email from AT&T Yahoo Mail, or is it a scam?

Definitely phishing.  Those links are to yahooupgrade.pekku.com which obviously isn't att nor yahoo.com.  Also notice how they notate the date with the day before the month which is not US style.  Trash it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is this a legitimate email from AT

Dear   _xyzzy_ACE - Expert,I GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR KIND HELP!  THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Additional Support