Protect yourself online
ThatGirl1972's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, August 20th, 2018 10:24 PM

Is there a way to log into my BellSouth e-mail account to delete or view messages that are stuck?

Is there a way to do it online.  I called AT&T early this morning and got cut off.  The guy had asked for my phone number in case that happened, but hasn't returned my call.  After that I got a popup notice I'd be contacted with 24 hours.  I have stuck mail that won't go through on one e-mail program I use all the time and prefer to use.  All it does is send the same one e-mail over and over, but says I have 68 to download.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

All it does is send the same one e-mail over and over, but says I have 68 to download.

I assume you are using an email client app?  Which one?

Try logging on to your webmail and see if you can delete it from there.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I'm trying to use OE Classic, very similar to the old Outlook Express.  I don't have a web address to log into to view my e-mails and that's the problem.  Thank you for your help though!  I can only log into Yahoo mail, which is does not show me my bellsouth mail.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

I don't have a web address to log into to view my e-mails and that's the problem.

Just which servers is your email client using?  The att/yahoo servers (described here) or the yahoo servers (described here and here).  You say you cannot log into the att/yahoo webmail (through start.att.net) so I have to assume you are using the yahoo servers.  Because if you are not, and are using the att/yahoo servers. you should be able to log into the att/yahoo webmail through start.att.net.  Use the account (email address) and password you are using in your client.

If you are really using the yahoo servers, along with its webmail, then this isn't an att problem and you need to contact yahoo for help.  For that I suggest trying the yahoo help community for mail.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I'm using BellSouth e-mail, which I understand now is part of Yahoo maybe?  But AT&T provides me with everything I pay for.  All I want is for the messages to get unstuck and to get my e-mail through OE Classic, but that's probably not going to happen.  The only option I could pursue is e-mail with AT&T since they provide my other Internet services.  I'm assuming the e-mail is part of the rest of my plan and no extra charge.  If I could get a human on the phone, I could possible find out.

I thank you very much for your help and because if it, my Yahoo is as it should be.  I was able to merg the accounts.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.