For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
ComputerVet's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 4th, 2018 2:52 PM

Is there a way to get ATT to fix the email?

Response from the ATT email server has been very poor for a long time.  I frequently get client timeout errors waiting to connect.  I've contacted the ATT tech support several times about the problem but they are unwilling/unable to help.  I get "It's a Yahoo problem so there is nothing we can do about it".  It has been so bad that I now pay a third party for POP service and don't even use the ATT service and am considering switching to Spectrum.

I understand that the problem is with the Yahoo servers but it is ATT that I am paying for POP mail service, not Yahoo!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

It has been so bad that I now pay a third party for POP service and don't even use the ATT service...

IMO that's the best way to go no matter which ISP you use.  Pay ESPs are usually ad free if you happen to need to access their webmail and you have someone you can actually get support from when you need it.  And if you choose a good ESP you actually have a service whose sole goal i life is to support that email service and hopefully actually knows haw to run an email service.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I understand what you are saying and do not disagree. It annoys me, however, that I am forced to pay for two mail service providers because ATT is unwilling to provide technical support.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Look at it as you are paying att to provide you a just a pipe to the internet (and also tv service if you have uverse), nothing more.  Yahoo is the email service provided that att has farmed out their email service to and att (apparently) takes an arms length approach to how the email service is handled letting yahoo dictate almost every aspect about it right down to you having to accept the OATH TOS even though you are not explicitly a yahoo customer.  With that kind of arrangement you never know who to contact for problems - att says it's yahoo's problem, yahoo says your an att customer so it's att's problem.  It is what it is.  So taking the path of least resistance seems easier with less aggravation.  Just my opinion.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

The word incompetence is synonymous with ATT Overseas Asian support.

I called due to problems when using my Outlook product unable to work on the outbound through my pacbell.net domain from ATT. This problem I experienced numerous times over the course of 20 years always required I speak with a U.S. technician to resolve.

After over 7 hours, between 2:00PM PST to 11:10PM PST (dinner/sanity break 2 hours) of going back between ATT and Microsoft the problem was isolated to ATT. It took only 40 minutes with Microsoft to trouble shoot every way possible to show unequivocally that it was an ATT problem.

The only reason I went to Microsoft was because the ATT technician had told me to do something that ERASED ALL MY BUSINESS EMAILS and made it almost impossible to establish another OUTLOOK account.

Microsoft was able to establish a new mail account for me but continue to have problems with outbound emails. We then proceeded to troubleshoot the ATT account/servers, which none of the ATT technicians did, and found that the problem was within the ATT mailing service.

After establishing that the problem was with an ATT issue, I called back to and was told that the previous 7 hours of troubleshooting with ATT was not documented. So, I had to start all over again explaining the problem to another technician. Finally, feed up with all the incompetence, I asked to be sent to an U.S. technician and was told they could not do that. They said they had no way of doing this, yet just a few hours earlier they connected me directly to a U.S. technician.

When I asked to speak to the supervisor he came on the line and within a few minutes of conversation, lightly told me that there were problems with the email servers handling this domain, pacbell.net. I was take aback that he knew this immediately but everyone else has me chasing my tail for over 7 hours.

Why wasn’t this information disseminated? Why were clients like me put through 7 hours of total waste of time? This is a travesty that a company would hold such little regard for the time and energy of it’s clients. Especially those who own small business where time is a valuable commodity.

The board of ATT proves to be a group of misaligned managers that mistake corporate profits as the driver behind a company and have forgotten that it is the general populace, the customer, that make them their profits to help pay their bills and salaries. The outsourcing of jobs overseas has perhaps made the company more profit yet at the cost of customer satisfaction.

I could do a better job managing this company than most of those board members and I would offer my services to them to help improve the customer satisfaction. However, in the meanwhile I would expect compensation for my precious time that was wasted by their poor decision making to outsource services that should be done by United States Citizens for United States Citizens.

There is a presence and attention that the American worker has when attending to their job that I find is missing when having to do with outsourced abroad workers.

Message I get from my ATT mail account when sending emails :

To prevent abuse, your message cannot be sent now. If the message contains only a link, please add some text to it. This helps us fight spam. If it still cannot be sent, please modify the message or try again later. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.