For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
craftyjamie's profile

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, May 9th, 2013 12:10 PM

I inadvertently deleted my att email account. If I sync it with my laptop will it restore it to my iPad 2?

I inadvertently deleted my att email account.  If I sync it with my laptop will it restore the email to my laptop 2?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

The password it's requesting is your password for your main AT&T mail account.  It would be the same password you would use if you logged on to the web mail version to check your mail.  The password you would enter if you went here: http://my.yahoo.com/ to check your mail.  If that's the one you can't remember one of the AT&T folks on these forums might have to look up your account to help further.

You can also look at this since you have internet:

Email password change or reset

Find out how to manage your AT&T email addresses, edit your profiles, and change or reset your email passwords.
For your protection, everything these days requires a password. It's easy to get them mixed up and it's always a good idea to change them on a regular basis.
Before proceeding, please be aware of the following important information:
  • Email passwords are managed in myAT&T and cannot be reset from att.net/Yahoo!.
  • If your email address is linked to your AT&T Access ID, changing your AT&T Access ID password automatically changes your email password to the same password.
  • If you use your actual email address as your AT&T Access ID, changing your email password automatically changes your AT&T Access ID password to the same password.
  • Use your AT&T email address in the following instructions, if you have merged your AT&T email with your yahoo.com email address.
Open allIf you need to reset an email password that was forgotten or is not being accepted
  1. From the myAT&T login page, select Forgot Password?
  2. Enter your full AT&T email address in the User ID field.
  3. Enter your last name, then select Continue.
  4. Select your password retrieval method: 
    • Send me a temporary password - Choose this method to have a temporary password sent to the contact email address that we have on file. The temporary password will be used to complete the process described below, but cannot be used to log into your email box. This method is only available if your contact email address is different than the address for which you are attempting to reset the password.
    • I'll answer my security questions - Choose this method to answer the security questions that you selected when you established your email account.
  5. Reset your password. 
    • If you chose to receive a temporary password, it was sent to your contact email address (not to the email address for which you are attempting to reset the password). Retrieve the temporary password and enter it in the field provided. A prompt to create your new permanent password will display. Follow the instructions to create your permanent password. If you mistakenly closed the window you can use your temporary password one time by going to the myAT&T login page. You will then be prompted to set a permanent password.
    • If you chose to answer security questions, you simply need to type in the answers to those questions and then create your new password.
Once successful, you will receive confirmation that your password has been reset. You can start using your new password to access your email at www.att.net, or using an email client program. It may take up to five minutes for the new password to take effect.
Important Note If you access your email using an email client program like Outlook, Windows Mail, or Mac Mail, you must update the password stored in your client in order to send and receive email.
If you know your email password and want to change it
  1. Log in to myAT&T using your full AT&T email address and password.
  2. From My Profile, locate the Set Personal Password section and: 
    • Enter the Current Password.
    • Enter and confirm the New Password.
  3. Select Save Changes.
The instructions above are valid for both primary and secondary email addresses and for all AT&T email address domains (@att.net, @ameritech.net, @pacbell.net, @swbell.net, @bellsouth.net, @flash.net, @prodigy.net, @wans.net, @sbcglobal.net, @nvbell.net, @snet.net).

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I don't know if this will help or not but take a look: Synchronize Your iPad Mail Accounts with Your Computer - For Dummies

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Sounds like it might work.  I'll try it and see.  Thanks for the quick response.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I synced as requested above and it looks like it works, but it wants a pass word and the one I ordinarily use doesn't seem to be working.  how can I find out what my p/w is as I do not have any email at this time. 

Please help.

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

11 years ago

Hi craftyjamie

I just wanted to check up on how everything is going. The info beebeesa posted looks like it will be very helpful in finding a solution to this issue. Also, like he mentioned, if you need additional assistance with your email password, configuration, etc. Feel free to let us know how everything's going and we'll be glad to assist! Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.