For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, everyone.

Check out the link below for some helpful information about the new updated AT&T e-mail.

Updated E-mail

Let me know if this helps!

-Mariana

(edited)

Mentor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am not sure about anybody else on the forum, but everyone here where I work cannot stand the new email format! We now have sponsored ads at the top of the email, giant ads on the sides, the email frame doesn't expand to fit the whole browser window, the email tabs are no longer prominently visible when enabled, and they moved everything (attachments, send button, font changes, etc) to the bottom of the compose email screen.

The "basic" version is nothing comparable to the old format, just a dumbed down version of this new "full featured" format.  I wish AT&T and/or Yahoo would stop changing everything! A lot of people who work here are older and have trouble adjusting to these changes; therefore I have to re-train them and try to get their emails as close to the old format as possible.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 years ago

Change in something is always difficult but we all overcome and get use to it. Just ask anyone who had the old AOL program and when they updated it and changed everything around people went Crazy.

Although im not a fan of Ads that constantly change or refresh taking up a little more bandwidth than i would like, these adds are necessary to offset the costs of doing business. 

Mentor

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Why the empty platitudes? Why not just tell us to shut up and get over it? That's what your little AOL example means.

The interface change sucks, and you know it. We can voice our displeasure by moving on to another way of checking mail (e.g., Thunderbird), and/or changing ISPs.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

10 years ago

I like the new format. Of course, YMMV.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 years ago

i was one of those AOL people that could not figure it out for awhile, my point is nothing is the same as it use to be but we adapt, i doubt anything you login to is anything near the same as it was 5 years ago, and im guessing many you didnt like.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

10 years ago

Interesting that I just started email again and now I see the old format.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 years ago

Ok so i went to my yahoo email and clicked on my account and what do ya know theres an option to remove any feeds or tabs you want from your yahoo page.

Teacher

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

We lost so much productive time this AM when the ridiculous new format just appeared. It is not workable on any level and I will change to Thunderbird or something else if it re-appears. Thank heavens the regular e-mail returned this afternoon so we can get some work done here in our offices. What an abomination.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

10 years ago

@kalin88 wrote:

We lost so much productive time this AM when the ridiculous new format just appeared. It is not workable on any level and I will change to Thunderbird or something else if it re-appears. Thank heavens the regular e-mail returned this afternoon so we can get some work done here in our offices. What an abomination.

No offense, but in a few minutes "I got it" with the new format.  And while it had a new look, I didn't see anything missing, just things in different positions and format.

And of course, YMMV

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.