I don't like the new ATT.net email format. How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Mentor

I don't like the new ATT.net email format. How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Message 17 of 275 (34,624 Views)

New AT&T Email - please go back to previous version.

What have you done?!  This new version is gmail... why would you want to copy such an un-userfriendly email system?  I can't sort by sender, I can't scroll down to see all my previous emails, when I search by name, all the deleted names come up with a line through. I can't delete by holding shift and the down arrow, I have to mouse click each one independently - it takes ages.   It is just horrible and even looks like gmail.  Why would you do that?  It makes no good business sense, to copy a program that is flawed.... Please please reconsider, and revert to what was a perfectly good working email.  Otherwise, I'll have to bail to outlook, gmail is awful, a lot of hype over a very poor system.

Message 46 of 275 (8,357 Views)
Contributor

how can i reset my current email page to the older email page?

Message 47 of 275 (8,379 Views)
Tutor

NEW EMAIL

THE NEW EMAIL SYSTEM IS HORRIBLE/  HOW CAN I GO BACK TO CLASSIC?

Message 48 of 275 (8,433 Views)
NPT
Teacher

Re: i do not like the new email system!!!!!

Why anyone would consider the new email an improvement it beyond me.

Message 49 of 275 (8,352 Views)
Teacher

Problem with the New New ATT yahoo mail?

[ Edited ]

I was just switched to the newest version of yahoo mail. I was moved to it a couple weeks ago, but fortunately that was for only one day.

I really hate the new view. Appearance wise, all contrast is gone and I cannot see the separation between the mail and the buttons, changing the theme color changes everything else but the button bar colors.

Also the new interface is very slow and unstable, most of the time I see the spinning place holder when waiting to see an email. I use chromw, IE firefox, it is bad in all of them.

The biggest problem is that forward, reply are broken. The option opens in the preview pane instead of in a new tab like it should so I cannot view other email while composing, but even worse, when I type in a contact name it finds it in the drop-down, but when I click it it does nothing so every time I need to put the entire email address even if it is a saved contact.

I thought the forced mail from last year was bad, but it was stable on a fast enough PC, but this one, just plain does not work most of the time. Anybody know of a way to switch to the old new mail not the classic as this is proving to be very difficult? Thanks

Message 50 of 275 (8,341 Views)
Teacher

Re: Problem with the New New ATT yahoo mail?

[ Edited ]

The issue with forward and reply being in the preview pane is part of conversations, but that only adds a new problem.

I have dissabled conversations several times and it seems this version keeps re-enabling it. Will see how long it staly dissabled this time.

Edit, Another anoyance I found. After a short time everything outside the main mail windows dims, including all the buttons and folders. As a result I can hardly see any menues or options text. The only way I found to make this go away is to refresh the window. 

And one more, I noticed that my Calendar is completely cluttered with all the events I was ever invited to from facebook, meetup and anything else I can think of.

This could be a cool feature if it checked that I was going or I could control what it imported and when, but as it was it was just a complete mess with hundreds of events.

Eventually I found that if I clkick on the carot by my name in the callendar view, I get an "Edit Caledar" option were there is an option to Reset Caledar which clears everything.

What a great feature if it would work in any remotely usabale way.

Message 51 of 275 (8,311 Views)
Teacher

Re: Problem with the New New ATT yahoo mail?

[ Edited ]

And again today if forced me to log back in and it is again behaving like conversations are enabled. The problem is that they are off and turning them on and off does nothing.

Replys alway go the bottom of the email and then hides the original after the reply. I just want a simple working email client back.

The only way to use it now is go to the Basic mode, which has gotten slow and buggy, but still better than the new full version.

Message 52 of 275 (8,269 Views)

New email format

You've lost me as a customer AT&T. First, despite being a longtime customer I am paying out the wazoo for Internet, television and phone. Now, you have once again changed the email format. And not only that, you've have forced advertising on us - not just on the page but in our own email inbox feed! I am paying for this service. You have kindly given us the option to "opt out" of certain advertising but we are stuck with the sponsored ad.

I bet you're counting on people not wanting to change their email addresses and go to all the trouble of notifying our contacts that we are changing. Guess again. You pushed us too far this time and not even adequately responded to the people who are upset. Shame on you.

Message 53 of 275 (8,256 Views)
Tutor

Re: I don't like the new ATT.net email format. How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

I can get used to it but I cannot remove the sponsored email even though I've followed all the instructions to OPT OUT!  It is really aggravating!

Message 54 of 275 (8,223 Views)
Tutor

Re: I don't like the new ATT.net email format. How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

It seems like they are adopting the methods used by our folks in Washington DC.

Message 55 of 275 (8,209 Views)
Tutor

New format is terrible

I absolutely hate the new format with the sponsor bar right above the emails in the inbox.

Message 56 of 275 (8,205 Views)

Very foolish is the upgraded att.net email account!

I cannot understand why at&t "upgraded" the email account!  It seems that they wanted to add

a line for advertising!  They messed up everything.  I can no longer use text color as it the whole system does not work!

Message 57 of 275 (8,200 Views)
Scholar

FWIW, you can revert to a "basic" format -- which still includes the sponsored message

Switching to basic mail

In the "Full-featured" version of Yahoo Mail:

1. Mouse over the Settings menu icon Small gear icon | select Settings.     - If you're using a screenreader, you'll want to select the Settings menu icon Small gear icon in the top right corner, then click Settings from the drop-down list.
  2. Click Viewing email on the left.
  3. Next to "Mail version," select Basic. Yahoo Mail Basic Mail option radio button selected
  4. Click Save.
Message 58 of 275 (8,197 Views)
Scholar

Re: New AT&T Email - please go back to previous version.

nonameinfo wrote:

What have you done?!  This new version is gmail... why would you want to copy such an un-userfriendly email system?  

Because the head of Yahoo! came from Google and thinks that all Yahoo! has to do is become more Google-like.    The fact that we all have choices and have explicity chosen not to use GMail seems to be lost on her.

Message 59 of 275 (8,185 Views)
Mentor

Re: New AT&T Email - please go back to previous version.

Maybe she *doesn't* want users! The "redesign" is a brilliant idea for sending users running in the opposite direction. Guess I'll switch back to Thunderbird until I'm off AT&T.
Message 60 of 275 (8,169 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.