Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I want to go back to classic mail. Someone please help me. I'm frustrated.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

8 years ago

Go to geared wheel in upper right corner of mail window, hover, choose settings.

Bottom of page, right side change selection to Basic/Classic.

Make sure to save and then follow instructions on screen.

Hope this helps

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I agree.  Everything about ATT/Yahoo email sucks.  The ads are relentless When you're trying to read you email a sidebar ad pops into your view.  No wonder Yahoo can't find a buyer, and ATT looks stupid partnering with a company like Yahoo.  It's no longer about what the customer wants, it's about what they want you to see.  Someone needs to flip that concept on its head.  Start by ousting the top management team.

[Inappropriate content removed]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

You and your AT&T superiors are numb-skulls for not allowing and/or providing a way to retain "Classic" mode using Yahoo tie-in.  A solution should be found/provided to all AT&T Internet customers IMMEDIATELY.  If this is how AT&T treats its customers (me, for over 40 years), it may be tine to look elsewhere for customer focused service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have long had issues with the Yahoo mail portal. It is bloated with advertising. When I signed up for AT&T Internet service with email, I expected AT&T would run an email service that at worst only presented its own advertising. Instead it feels as if AT&T has outsourced my account to a 3rd party that provides FREE email to the public in general, and I get an "adware" service instead of a paid service.

You'd *think* a world-class organization like AT&T, with the legacy of the creation of UNIX and its pre-eminence in the creation and growth of the Internet, would do better than shuttle its customers over to a lackluster commercial service like Yahoo.

Come on, AT&T. Do right for your customers. Quit letting Yahoo ruin your customer relations.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

The new Att news is the worst. Who ever came up with this idea needs to be fired immediately!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I do not like the new bellsouth.net/att/net email it not allowing me do what I want to do, like just to close the email and nothing else.  I can't get to the settings.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I do not setup of email at bellsouth.net/att.net account.  I cannot do what I want to do like close a read email and nothing else at that time because I may want to go back to it.  I cannot get to the setting from my emails.  I can't stroll down to the next email, although it has the next button up there but it is not highlighted when I hit inbox to save an email that I read.  I want the old setting back.  

Teacher

• 

43 Messages

5 years ago

Bull-Ends! Just another way to get more money by selling Ad Space and add more garbage!

What... The U.S. Government money Per Member/Subscriber isn't enough?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.