For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for mentioning that there is an option with Google Chrome. I located AdBlock and now no more ads! Very much appreciate the heads up!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

THIS FIX REALLY WORKS!!  (1)  Access Mail, click on the wheel in upper right beside profile (2)  Select "Settings", (3)  UNCHECK "Enable Conversations" option at the very top.  This puts everything back in logical and usable mode!, except for the Send and format toolbar still at the bottom.  After finding this on Yahoo's mail forum, buried in a single Yahoo mail tech support response to tens of thousands such posts, I applied this fix myself and it literally took 5 seconds.   I do wish there was a way of these forum feedbacks reaching  ATT executives, as judging from the Yahoo forums, this upgrade issue is affecting image and bottom line.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Offset the costs of doing business? No. Customers of AT&T already pay that every month when they pay their bill.

As for getting use to it, while I have been a supporter of AT&T services many years but now I am getting use to telling friends and family about the emails "features" and loss of service I've endured. Get used to that.

And don't claim this is technology and moving forward. This is bad product by IT developers and bad business by AT&T.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

Contrary to what the current crop of developers and managers would have us believe, it is possible to add new features and maintain the friendliness and very often the functionality of old versions of applications.

And that says what about current developers and managers? Think real hard.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

It's not the look, it's the changes in function.

I understand AT&T is using a free email but because we are paying customers, AT&T should have a way to make those ads disappear. I can manage that on my PC, I can't make the tweak for everyone I know because they don't ask me to, they simply get angry at AT&T.

The conversation format of emails. Obviously, I figured out that one and am likewise willing to share with friends and family ... but the one who might come to me aren't aware the format is maintainable.

Screen refreshes, the composition would jump around in the box and mess my trainn of thought. I haven't seen this happen in awhile.

Backspace does not function consistantly when using IE. It's endurable when Backspace inserts three lines instead but when it deletes an entire paragraph ... that's not good.

Saving a draft. There needs to be a force save. I am tired of opening a second tab so I can verify whether auto save is up to date. This is the most critical for me. Any hints?

*** Found the answer to this, close the composition window and there will be a prompt whether to save.  Intuitive? Not when one has lost trust in the application. ***

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I had something similar, I stopped using "stay signed on for 2 weeks." As long as I don't close the browser I stay signed on. Not as convenient but (rationalizing) better practice regarding security.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I was just about to complain about how the subject line reads "Me, me". Stupid feature. Thanks!

Teacher

• 

56 Messages

10 years ago

I have a new anoyance that is getting unberable.

You know the litle box in the left bottom corner that is used to change thems, it activates and colaples the window when you hover over it.

For me it seems to collaple or shrink the window almost every time I go over the page so it alsmost constantly shrinking mail into the middle and giving me theme options.

Often it will not return back to normal so I have to refresh the page.

Anybody know how to completely dissable the theme change option or at least dissable the hover settings, maybe some script?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

How will AT&T offset costs of doing business after losing customers AND INVESTORS because of this fiasco? Bad advertisement /image/P.R. for AT&T since they chose Yahoo and thus got us into this mess. Also remember that our e-mail contacts see ATT.NET and thus credit AT&T as the source of any fouled up e-mails or complaints. Meanwhile, as AT&T drops existing and potential customers, Yahoo is laughing all the way to the bank. As to your AOL comments, I assume it was similarly run to ground and by the way, whoever hears or sees "AOL" anymore?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

How insulting.  Sending a tutorial on how to use the new email is not answering the question.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.