For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

10 years ago

@ljk5 wrote:
Take the check mark off "Sort by conversation"

That's about the third time the answer to the "Me" problem has been mentioned in this thread.

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

10 years ago

Emails have changed drastically  for the worst. Everything upside down. Links used to be up is now down.

New instruction on my setting are insufficient. I hope it will change for the better.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I can't stand the new email format and based on the comments below I think it would be best if they returned the new format to the classic

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

You still can't sort and you have to go to the bottom of the page to hit reply or send.  I'm still getting the ads! The visual is a little better but the functionality didn't return

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

It's the same crap att sent! It just shows how to use the new site which I hate! If I want advertising I'll look on the side which is already annoying! I have had it! We were not even given a choice so I wasted valuable time trying to fix what I thought was a bug of sorts until I finally realized after clicking in here and there that this was a site change without warning! Nice! Thx for not even letting us make our own decisions!

I'm moving on to firefox. No wonder my kids keep telling me to get a mac and get off these over advertised sites!

AT&T this is the dumbest move you have made to date!!!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I agree this supposed upgrade is rediculous! Why do you companies constantly try to fix what isn't broken???? Were you getting complaints??? Probably Not!!!

Thanks for wasting my valuable time thinking I had a bug of sorts!

Is there anyway of getting rid of that  advertisment bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[word filter avoidance]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Spoken like a guy whos trying to keep his job...we must redesign and have problems to resolve with upgrades!!!!!!!to keep our jobs as long as theres problems YOUR EMPLOYEED TO FIX IT....thats what a upgrade IS   JOB SECURITY...you guys are just like politicatons....  ....I hate the new format....     Man Mad

[Inappropriate content removed]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Of coarse you don't have problems with it..... YOU DESIGNED IT....shove it down their throats..... WHAT CHOICE DO WE HAVE?.

[Inappropriate content removed]

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

10 years ago

In response to the comment that we should just take time to learn how the new email works, I find this condescending - I have taken the time to learn.  I simply do not like the sponsored ad in my inbox, the lack of a "save to draft" button without closing the email, the more limited choice of font colors, the lack of an underline button...these are not issues I need to investigate further - they are parts of the new email that make it more difficult for me to use it the way I want to.

I am also not thrilled by the lack of response from AT&T, other than pointing us to an ad-free option that does not appear to be there for some of us.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

So glad I came to this forum looking for comments on this awful roll out of the email application. Didn't realize I could change the format in settings! Even though the ads didn't disappear even in Firefox with Ad Bloc, the old format is so much clearer to use and doesn't have the bugs of the new version. Let's see, someone already mentioned the use of "me". The notes listed with "Me..me" in the receipient column was so helpful. Smiley Frustrated How was that not caught during testing?

Other problems I found were having to scroll down to locate the send button, replies being saved in my inbox along with the sent folder, clicking in the text area then typing without anything displayed, unclear where to type text on forwarded notes, illogical display of notes with multiple replies, etc.  

As a former IT Professional it's embarrassing that such a poor product could be deployed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.