For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Teacher

• 

56 Messages

10 years ago

And again today if forced me to log back in and it is again behaving like conversations are enabled. The problem is that they are off and turning them on and off does nothing.

Replys alway go the bottom of the email and then hides the original after the reply. I just want a simple working email client back.

The only way to use it now is go to the Basic mode, which has gotten slow and buggy, but still better than the new full version.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

You've lost me as a customer AT&T. First, despite being a longtime customer I am paying out the wazoo for Internet, television and phone. Now, you have once again changed the email format. And not only that, you've have forced advertising on us - not just on the page but in our own email inbox feed! I am paying for this service. You have kindly given us the option to "opt out" of certain advertising but we are stuck with the sponsored ad.

I bet you're counting on people not wanting to change their email addresses and go to all the trouble of notifying our contacts that we are changing. Guess again. You pushed us too far this time and not even adequately responded to the people who are upset. Shame on you.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I can get used to it but I cannot remove the sponsored email even though I've followed all the instructions to OPT OUT!  It is really aggravating!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

It seems like they are adopting the methods used by our folks in Washington DC.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I absolutely hate the new format with the sponsor bar right above the emails in the inbox.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I cannot understand why at&t "upgraded" the email account!  It seems that they wanted to add

a line for advertising!  They messed up everything.  I can no longer use text color as it the whole system does not work!

Scholar

• 

287 Messages

10 years ago

FWIW, you can revert to a "basic" format -- which still includes the sponsored message

Switching to basic mail

In the "Full-featured" version of Yahoo Mail:

1. Mouse over the Settings menu icon Small gear icon | select Settings.     - If you're using a screenreader, you'll want to select the Settings menu icon Small gear icon in the top right corner, then click Settings from the drop-down list.
  2. Click Viewing email on the left.
  3. Next to "Mail version," select Basic. Yahoo Mail Basic Mail option radio button selected
  4. Click Save.

Scholar

• 

287 Messages

10 years ago

@nonameinfo wrote:

What have you done?!  This new version is gmail... why would you want to copy such an un-userfriendly email system?  

Because the head of Yahoo! came from Google and thinks that all Yahoo! has to do is become more Google-like.    The fact that we all have choices and have explicity chosen not to use GMail seems to be lost on her.

Mentor

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Maybe she *doesn't* want users! The "redesign" is a brilliant idea for sending users running in the opposite direction. Guess I'll switch back to Thunderbird until I'm off AT&T.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Well after more than a decade with AT&T e-mail, I am about to jump ship.  I don't pay every month to see ads at the top of my e-mail and I've tried all the opt out options.  After reading the forum messages it seems that there is no other solution!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.