For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

10 years ago

Sort by Sender did NOT disappear.  If you disable "conversations" it will appear.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3614.html?impressions=true

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the try, Mariana.

The new UI is buggy - for example, sometim s when I am typing a reply I cannot see what I am typing while I type it for love or money.  Other times I can.  Quite irritating.

It is also slow.  When I am at my farm, my connection is via satellite, so this is of import.

It either lacks features or is far from intuitive to use.  As an example, I need to be able to stack multiple replies and have easy access to them.  This does not seem to be possible in the new UI.

It's not clear what the driver was for this change, but it seems to have been a wasted effort with completely inadequate results.  Yes, things change, but this feels like an IT shop completely out of touch with its user base, foisting change for the sake of change, with no usability testing at all.  Why would you do this?  It really doesn't make any sense at all.

Teacher

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I understand having to put up with annoying ads when you are using free accounts, but I pay a lot of money for my Uverse account.  If this doesn't change, I am seriously considering cancelling all of my Uverse services.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

i think the same company that did the first round of the affordable care act website is who was consulted to create this update.  Was Soooo much better before.

what happened to being able to sort by sender simply by clicking next to their name?  now i have to do it in the drop down and go searching for the name i was looking for....STUPID....takes me 10 times as long

i cant even click on the little dot (unread) that indicates new email if i dont care to read it.  used to be able too so it would unbold the email. 

i have to go into an email to put it in a folder, dragging was much easier (1 step) now it takes 3 steps

this looks like 2004!!!!

for an encore ATT will be rolling out their brand NEW retro brick phones next week. 

you can

1. make calls from it

2. same up to 10 contacts

3. thats it!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

What have you done?!  This new version is gmail... why would you want to copy such an un-userfriendly email system?  I can't sort by sender, I can't scroll down to see all my previous emails, when I search by name, all the deleted names come up with a line through. I can't delete by holding shift and the down arrow, I have to mouse click each one independently - it takes ages.   It is just horrible and even looks like gmail.  Why would you do that?  It makes no good business sense, to copy a program that is flawed.... Please please reconsider, and revert to what was a perfectly good working email.  Otherwise, I'll have to bail to outlook, gmail is awful, a lot of hype over a very poor system.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

THE NEW EMAIL SYSTEM IS HORRIBLE/  HOW CAN I GO BACK TO CLASSIC?

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

10 years ago

Why anyone would consider the new email an improvement it beyond me.

Teacher

• 

56 Messages

10 years ago

I was just switched to the newest version of yahoo mail. I was moved to it a couple weeks ago, but fortunately that was for only one day.

I really hate the new view. Appearance wise, all contrast is gone and I cannot see the separation between the mail and the buttons, changing the theme color changes everything else but the button bar colors.

Also the new interface is very slow and unstable, most of the time I see the spinning place holder when waiting to see an email. I use chromw, IE firefox, it is bad in all of them.

The biggest problem is that forward, reply are broken. The option opens in the preview pane instead of in a new tab like it should so I cannot view other email while composing, but even worse, when I type in a contact name it finds it in the drop-down, but when I click it it does nothing so every time I need to put the entire email address even if it is a saved contact.

I thought the forced mail from last year was bad, but it was stable on a fast enough PC, but this one, just plain does not work most of the time. Anybody know of a way to switch to the old new mail not the classic as this is proving to be very difficult? Thanks

Teacher

• 

56 Messages

10 years ago

The issue with forward and reply being in the preview pane is part of conversations, but that only adds a new problem.

I have dissabled conversations several times and it seems this version keeps re-enabling it. Will see how long it staly dissabled this time.

Edit, Another anoyance I found. After a short time everything outside the main mail windows dims, including all the buttons and folders. As a result I can hardly see any menues or options text. The only way I found to make this go away is to refresh the window. 

And one more, I noticed that my Calendar is completely cluttered with all the events I was ever invited to from facebook, meetup and anything else I can think of.

This could be a cool feature if it checked that I was going or I could control what it imported and when, but as it was it was just a complete mess with hundreds of events.

Eventually I found that if I clkick on the carot by my name in the callendar view, I get an "Edit Caledar" option were there is an option to Reset Caledar which clears everything.

What a great feature if it would work in any remotely usabale way.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.