For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Teacher

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I just got changed to the new ATT e-mail format, and it looks like there are some mistakes. Can anyone please tell me how to fix them?

1) The "Sort by Sender" feature is missing, how do I get it back? It was such a great tool - I relied on it tremendously.  

2) ALL the drafts in my DRAFT folder are now identified by "me…me" -- so now I have a whole list of drafts but no idea who they are addressed to -- what a mess. How do I get back the original feature that gives the recipients' names?

3) Worst problem: original e-mails to me in my Inbox are suddenly DISAPPEARING and being MOVED/NESTED into other respondents' replies to the original sender if I'm cc'd, so I lose the original e-mail BEFORE I even get to read it or, as has now happened several times, before I even know it EXISTS.  Since I don't care about the respondents' e-mails, I either don't read them or I delete them, and therefore NEVER see the original e-mail to ME.  This is so dangerous that I can't believe ATT didn't warn us about it, and now I have so much extra work to make sure I get all my e-mails!   Am I really supposed to read thru 10 other respondents' irrelevant e-mails to someone else to see if there's an original e-mail hidden in there somewhere for me? How would I even know to bother to look? So, please, how do I undo the "automatic nesting" feature?

All these changes are just adding extra hassles to e-mail usage (not to mention now having to write this message and sort all this out) --  so why isn't this considered a downgrade? I watched the e-mail info video, but nothing was addressed. I totally get how people tend to resist change, even if it's for the better, because it's a pain to re-learn stuff, but I don't see the evolutionary advantage to losing "Sort by Sender", having "me" be the recipient identifier of all MY own drafts, and having original e-mails disappearing out of my inbox and being hidden in irrelevant e-mails that i don't have reason to or want to open. Also, most of this stuff is what people complain most about in Gmail, so why would ATT adopt it?

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

10 years ago

You might want to get in touch with ATT support. I doubt users will be able to help solve those issues.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I agree I DO NOT LIKE the new format!!!!  Give me the old one back!

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I HATE the Me........why in the world would you change it to that!!!!  Why does the original message disappear when I reply to it?  When I go back to the message....all I can find is my response to that --- which should have gone to sent when I sent the email.

When I tried to do a live chat....the first time, I was logged out....when I went back the second time, I was connected to someone else who said give him a minute to check my information out....then I was completely disconnected.  I guess it must have been quitting time....because the live chat box also disappeared.  I don't understand if I was already connected with someone why I would be cut off without any warning!

Poor service!

Teacher

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I hate it as well.  I am already paying for internet.  I do NOT appreaciate being solicited.  This is my home email so I have a choice.  I have been an ATT customer my entire life, but I am seriously considering going with a cheaper internet provider.  It looks like I have to change email anyway to get rid of the advertisements at the top of the inbox (used it since 2002).  Hello ATT   are you listening?

Teacher

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am having ongoing problems with viewing my Email account because of the upgrades that A&TT has done.  This happened the last time they put in these changes and I could not view my Emails until they backed out the upgrades.  It is now happening again.  I am an IT Project Manager and this is just horrible that AT&T lets this problem go on for days.  Back the upgrades out and FIX it!  I as an IT Project Manager for large scale projects would have never allowed this to happen.  My motto-if you can't fix something within 1 hour-you back it out.  You don't put it back in until you have throughly tested it within IT and within the business Community.  I also do not like the changes at all.  AT&T in my mind has gone backwards.  I don't know who you consulted in the business community to put out this massive upgrade because I am definitely not happy.  I have had my Email account going as far back as when SBC owned it.  This is the first time that I have complained.  PULL OUT this upgrade immediately.

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

You say the new email has "better features??????"  I don't think so!!!  Have you tried it?  Pray tell, why are you guys changing things that don't need to be changed????  One major feature you guys got rid of was the ability to sort by "sender!"  What "brilliant" "need to justify my paycheck" dummy came up with that one??  I have over 19,000 emails I need to go through to delete what I don't want.  I can't feasibly do that without the "sender" option!  And I got that many emails because of a glitch in ATT's system--I assume--that wouldn't let me delete them a few months back!!!  One guy on the internet said that getting rid of that option of sorting by "sender" seriously affects his business!  Yes, I've gotten online and I see that the majority of your customers DO NOT LIKE the new email set up!!!  What are you guys going to do about it?  Are you going to shove this new system down our throats without addressing the issues?  I also read that you guys are spying on our emails in order to justify bringing us advertising!!  I don't doubt that has a lot to do with the Obama administration!!!  Work out the kinks, bring back sorting by "sender," and fix whatever other problems folks are having, or I have a feeling you guys are going to lose A LOT of business, that is, if they're willing to put up with you spying on their emails!

Teacher

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

All of my complaints are so aptly stated in the above e-mail, so there is really nothing more that I could add, but needless to say I sincerely wish that I could get back the user-friendly Classic e-mail that has served me so well.  I am not opposed to change for the better, but I do not understand why ATT/Yahoo would change for the worse.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

To be able to sort by sender or subject, you have to go to settings -> viewing email -> when viewing message lists (uncheck conversations), save the settings and then refresh the browser tab. Then you'll be able to see the options to sort by sender/subject.

Got this solution from: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3614.html?impressions=true

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

10 years ago

@afanficlover wrote:

To be able to sort by sender or subject, you have to go to settings -> viewing email -> when viewing message lists (uncheck conversations), save the settings and then refresh the browser tab. Then you'll be able to see the options to sort by sender/subject.

Got this solution from: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3614.html?impressions=true

Ahhhh - RTFM strikes again !!  Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.