Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Teacher

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

What have you done to my email? I am sure I'm not the only one who HATES the new email format! First the colors and themes are HORRIBLE.  Then there's sorting.  Now I can't find emails that were there like 5 minutes ago. And the ads - I mean they are everywhere!  Give me a break!  After 11 years I'm leaving you AT&T unless you let me have my old emaila format back. This is the WORST product ever!

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

10 years ago

We left after 17 years - no regrets, only took a modest effort to change forum/group/friend notification address updates. Should have done it when AT&T went over to Yahoo.

Regards,

fiero850

Scholar

• 

180 Messages

10 years ago

One thing I just found that may help is to disable "conversations"

Go under settings and uncheck conversations and that may fix things

Teacher

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I agree 100%. The new email with the 'sponsored ad' as the first item in my InBox is an insult - the lowest of all low moves by AT&T. If this feature does not disappear, and disappear SOON, I will cancel my entire UVerse package and go elsewhere. AT&T seems to be returning to its evil historic roots of 'Ma Bell' - so aptly portrayed by Lily Tomlin as the phone operator back before that monopoly was broken up. I think we need another federal breakup of this utility so that new upstarts (like the old MCI) can provide real service once again.

Mentor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am disgusted by the the NEW AT&T Email system. It's horrible. It has taken many steps backwards in email systems. Which M O R O N at AT&T or YAHOO thought this new system would be better or more effective? I will be stopping my service with AT&T as soon as my contract is over. Every time they think they are improving something they instead have taken many steps backwards. IF IT WAS NOT BROKEN WHY DID YOU TRY TO FIX IT????????? This new system is an insult and a big dis-service to all paying subscribers!!!!! VOTE WITH YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY - when your contract is finished do not re-new. Do not recommend AT&T internet service to any new possible customers/family/friends or acquaintances - it is no longer worth subscribing too. Pass the word along.

Mentor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

We do NOT always get used to change. We can always go somewhere else for our email account, and I am just about at that point with AT&T Yahoo! This change in the layout for my email account is unacceptable, it is not an improvement in any way, but is just the opposite of improvement. Some of the words on the page are so light I cannot read them at all. I can no longer sort my email by subject. Whoever designed this new layout needs to be fired and then put down a bottomless pit!!!

I am going elsewhere if it is not changed back to the old layout!

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

That is not  a good response to post as many are PAYING  customers of ATT email servvice and thus are paying NOT  to have adds.  Please reinstate the functionality of being able to sort by senders.  Thank-you!

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

ATT is not registering my kudos.  So here it is in real time - KUDOS to your reply.

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

"Learn how to use AT&T email. Get a tour of the overall navigation and the basics of using AT&T email. Video may take up to 30 seconds to load." -- This is the type arrogance that ATT is famous for. ATT, we KNOW how to use the email, it's the gobbledygook you've added and the totally unnecessary changes that you have made. You don't "save bandwidth" at the expense of your paying customers. You only THINK that we are disposable. Now we have to endure 2 slides to do the same that one previously did. The tabs that you dun make navigation a breeze. You've fooled yourselves into believing that you are performing a service. No, you are only serving yourselves. Get over your ego trip and give us back the mail that we know and prefer.

Mentor

• 

289 Messages

10 years ago

I agree... this new email fomat is awful...  

and today in less than an hour,  the email has logged me out 7 times!!!!  . WHAT IS UP WITH THIS????

I am continually getting the message

att.net Mail

Sorry, your session has expired, To protect your account, you need to confirm your password periodically..

I have to push the button "Sign in Again"

I will be in my email for MAYBE 10 min at the most and once again it signs me out...  

HOW DO I STOP THIS INSANITY!!??? 

THANK YOU

BARBARA  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.