For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Teacher

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I don't mind the ads on the sides, I can ignore those if I wish, but the sponsored email at the top bothers me.  I got into the habit of clicking on the top email automatically to read the latest email first, and now it is an ad.  Grrr.  And there seems to be no way to write to att directly about this.  Double grrr.

Teacher

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have a simple question. Does anybody have a simple answer? I used to be able to SORT my EMAIL by SENDER. The new AT&T email does not appear to let me do that. How can I sort my email by SENDER?

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I agree, I can no longer sort email by sender and that is a very important feature to me. Please put this feature back in. I'm not a fan at all of the newly reworked format, especially the adds at the top of the inbox, and the use of "Me" instead of my name, but could deal with that if the "sort by sender" feature is returned.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I don't love the new format, though I'm getting used to it.  I tried to delete a single e-mail in a thread and it deleted the entire thread.  Then I realized there's a "more" button and that's how you delete a single message.  Not super intuitive.  Fonts came in too small, yatta yatta yatta....

I agree there should be way more space for your e-mails and less space for ads, but let's face it, there are investors to make happy and that's all they really care about.

If you don't like ads, download the Ad-Block Plus Add-on for practically every browser out there.  I haven't seen an ad in years....

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

10 years ago

Sounds like some have the new web mail while others do not.  I guess ATT is rolling this out gradually.

BTW, I'm in Chicagoland and have the "old" verison, although the new one popped up for a brief time a few weeks ago.

Teacher

• 

45 Messages

10 years ago

At some point on May 2, my AT&T Yahoo Mail format changed.  It is now missing several features, and looks like Basic, instead of Full Featured.  I also pay extra for what used to be called Yahoo Mail Plus.  AT&T Support Chat says Security issues forced the format change, and that I cannot go back.  They then said to call Yahoo if any problems, and immediately ended the session.  I have not received any notification of the change, and it is not mentioned anywhere on the AT&T site. AT&T email Help topics show info for the prior version, and not the new.  Waht happened?

Teacher

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi

Yesterday my sbcglobal.net email has new changes with sponsored emails on top that are undeletable (a new one appears if you try to delete it) and it looks like you can't delete an email without opening it.

Any way to get rid of these big brother type changes?  I'm hoping a click in Settings would do it but I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Teacher

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'll start by saying that I, too, hate this new format.  Now, I wanted to sort my mail by sender but that's not one of the sort.options.  Am I missing something or did they just forget to include it?

Teacher

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Oh, AT&T.  If there isn't a fix we're missing, I sure hope you will remedy this issue...quickly.  I NEED the sort by sender and subject capability for work (and it's one reason I use you over gmail).  Please HELP!!!

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, acolner!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're not a fan of the new format. There doesn't appear to be a way to revert to the old version, but we would be happy to walk you through the new one if you click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.