Protect yourself online
Educational's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018 2:20 PM

I can't send emails

Suddenly, while I can receive email messages on my Outlook, I cannot send any messages.  Nothing has been changed in my Outlook settings, everything worked fine until a few days ago.  Error message says the server has timed out waiting for a response from the POP server. my POP server is AT&T through Yahoo. I phoned AT&T and they passed the buck to Microsoft because I can send and receive messages successfully from Yahoo.  How can I fix this?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

THANK YOU!!!  It worked!!  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Mine is too an old sbcglobal.net account which is also my business email (I am self employed...if I don't do it, it doesn't get done).  I have gotten only one email to send in the last 24 hours... this is beyond maddening!!!  I am not sure how to change my password and haven't had the time to figure it out today with too much work... thank goodness I have a gmail account that I have been able to copy and paste to today.  Any tips would be appreciated.  

I'm guessing those of us who have had trouble should switch to yahoo? or gmail?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

My problem is sending email (I can and am receiving emails)...  so as suggested I attempted an email to myself at my personal acct and after pressing "send", this is the info that pops up on the screen in a box, and email is not sent...same popup for last 24 hours.

Unable to send message
To prevent abuse, your message cannot be sent now. If the message contains only a link, please add some text to it. This helps us fight spam. If it still cannot be sent, please modify the message or try again later. Sorry for the inconvenience.
OK

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

So now it appears I CAN send emails, however, my email account is very messed up... I was able to change my password, or so I believe... but now ALL of my folders where I store emails relating to bills paid, online orders, customer emails/orders, travel reservations, and other important info are GONE. Only one folder exists and it has one filed email from 2008!  My sent folder now only contains items back to 2013, and my draft folder back to 2007 (I didn't know that even existed)  but yet everything from the past week are gone.  AND, my spam file had 826 items.  Ridiculous!  How do I regain access to those folders and items?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

This is for RECEIVING emails. But I cannot SEND emails from my domain. It would be helpful if you had posted all of the salient information from yahoo that you received. please do. Thanks!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am not able to send e-mails from my ATT.net account yet I am receiving mail...also cannot forward e-mails. I have sent and received e-mails for years with this address...ran a virus check and changed my password and nothing will work. Please help.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have not been able to send e-mail from my ATT.net account since Mar. 29th. I am receiving okay. I get the sending icon spinning and then nothing or I get "error sending message" and I have 5 in my drafts folder that haven't gone. Please help. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I am also unable to send emails from my att.net account, since November, 2018.  I have been calling support, changed my password numerous times, been told my issue is being escalated and will call back.  That was a month ago.  Now it seems, my accounts notifications of my issues have disappeared and was told I have never called about this issue.  I AM SO OVER AT&T. . . . .   I have been on the phone for 2 hours, and told in 24 hours, it should be fixed.  I was told that in January.  If anyone has any other solutions, please let me know, outside of setting up another email account with another provider.  Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I also have an old sbcglobal.net account. I started the sign-in process and chose the forgot password option. When I asked to create a new password, I used the old one instead of creating a new one and it worked. I also spent a lot of time on this and ultimately, the solution was easy - if only someone at att would have told me that! Not happy!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.