Need to update email settings?
ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Tuesday, September 27th, 2016 3:50 PM

How to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T

You are here because you can't sign in to your email or you forgot one of your many passwords. Resetting your password is one of the fastest solutions. Let's get started!

How To Change Your Password

Go to www.att.com or use the myAT&T app:

1. Login to the myAT&T app, scroll, and select "My plans & features"

2. Hit the "plus" button next to your service and select "Manage my network & email"

3. Select "Change Email Password" 

Note: If you are still unable to log in after resetting your password, wait 12 hours for the system to update and try again.

Security Questions Help & Free Accounts

If you recently attempted to reset your password, you can use your account at www.att.com to reset it. Please note:

• The email must be tied to an active account for a password reset to work
  • Free emails do not have the option to reset via an att.com unless there is an account tied to it

Free Email 

A free email is a standalone email account that once was tied to an AT&T account. Once that account is canceled, AT&T no longer has the ability to reset your password. In order to reset your password, you must use your security questions to reset it

If you do not remember your security questions/ answers. AT&T WILL NOT reset your account. This is done to protect personal information since we cannot validate the email address. It is like giving away the keys to your car without verifying it is belongs to you.  AT&T currently has no workaround for these types of issues and is unable to assist.

Email Tips & Troubleshooting Solutions 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

how do you reset your password

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am a long time AT&T subscriber.  I can no longer gain access to my business e-mail account at sbcglobal.net.  The account will not recognize my current password and even then I have tried to use any and all passwords that I can remember ever having used with an e-mail account, but to no avail.  Still do not have access.  And I cannot seem to get any help with this through either SBCglobal, AT&T, or Yahoo.  I would be happy just to abandon this account, but first I would need to send out an e-mail blast to most of my contacts, informing them of my new e-mail address.  Which, of course, I am unable to do, because I cannot access the account and it's contact list.  I am preparing to severe all ties with AT&T and Yahoo because of this issue.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Yahoo won't help you it's an att account.  SBCglobal won't help you because it doesn't exist (contrary to people posing on the internet as sbcglobal help for a charge).  And Att suggests the first thing you try to do is change your password (not announcement near top right of this page).  But I suggest you do it with Forgot ID/Password.

I am preparing to severe all ties with AT&T and Yahoo because of this issue.

FWIW you could continue to use att as your ISP for internet access.  No one says you have to use that access to att's email service.  Just find an decent one (read reviews) that has more privacy than yahoo, aol, gmail, and hotmail/outlook (read terms of service), includes support you can contact, and who's only business is email.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

This is not a ATT.COM EMAIL ISSUE. IT IS A SBCGLOBAL.NET ISSUE

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for your info, however, all I want is to have my EMAIL back!  Miguel 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@BLUE1SAL said:

This is not a ATT.COM EMAIL ISSUE. IT IS A SBCGLOBAL.NET ISSUE

There is no difference!  Sbcglobal.net is an att (legacy) account.  It's just that the legacy accounts a problematic these days due to the decision by att to unmerge them from yahoo.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

My problem has to do with totaling losing my e-mail address.  I have just lost over 125 contacts and no way to re-establish them.  No help at all from ATT technical support.   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I cannot log into  my email. I   keep putting in my password and email address correctly but it tells me not correct. Can you please help me recover or possibly reset it.

Thanks

Betty

ks

Betty

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Huh.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I tried that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.