Need to update email settings?
ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Tuesday, September 27th, 2016 3:50 PM

How to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T

You are here because you can't sign in to your email or you forgot one of your many passwords. Resetting your password is one of the fastest solutions. Let's get started!

How To Change Your Password

Go to www.att.com or use the myAT&T app:

1. Login to the myAT&T app, scroll, and select "My plans & features"

2. Hit the "plus" button next to your service and select "Manage my network & email"

3. Select "Change Email Password" 

Note: If you are still unable to log in after resetting your password, wait 12 hours for the system to update and try again.

Security Questions Help & Free Accounts

If you recently attempted to reset your password, you can use your account at www.att.com to reset it. Please note:

• The email must be tied to an active account for a password reset to work
  • Free emails do not have the option to reset via an att.com unless there is an account tied to it

Free Email 

A free email is a standalone email account that once was tied to an AT&T account. Once that account is canceled, AT&T no longer has the ability to reset your password. In order to reset your password, you must use your security questions to reset it

If you do not remember your security questions/ answers. AT&T WILL NOT reset your account. This is done to protect personal information since we cannot validate the email address. It is like giving away the keys to your car without verifying it is belongs to you.  AT&T currently has no workaround for these types of issues and is unable to assist.

Email Tips & Troubleshooting Solutions 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

What is the solution to this problem?   I cannot get signed in. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Can not log in to my sbcglobal.net email.  Got logged out somehow and now when I try to log in it takes me to the reset my password site.  Never lets me log in even after changing the password.  I have alot of things tied to that account that I can't lose.  What can I do?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have experienced a very frustrating issue with bellsouth.net (ATT.net) email logon. Years go by and I never touch my account settings; recently twice in the previous two months I received the following message:

Task 'xxxxxx@bellsouth.net - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.

There is clearly an issue and the only resolution should not be resetting your email password!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

cannot reach Prodigy e-mail account …

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I need to cancel service at 1120 Wolftrail apt 293 because I move out of town and I'm not return to that address nomore so can I get the internet disconnect 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I was told the password was changed but I did not change it.  So I go in and say I forgot my password.  It takes me to a screen that says "hold on. We are almost there ".  But it stays there forever and nothing happens.  I just want to change the password and retrieve my mail.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My e mail address of

keeps telling me my password was changed. I have had the same password for 10 years and about to delete and just use my g mail account

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

i don't want to reset my password--i just want to get in to the internet

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

me too

this service is awful.  I'm looking into verizon

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Temporary  Protection Lock        How does one reset password?

to unlock it 

Reset password

(FL001)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.