Need to update email settings?
ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Tuesday, September 27th, 2016 3:50 PM

How to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T

You are here because you can't sign in to your email or you forgot one of your many passwords. Resetting your password is one of the fastest solutions. Let's get started!

How To Change Your Password

Go to www.att.com or use the myAT&T app:

1. Login to the myAT&T app, scroll, and select "My plans & features"

2. Hit the "plus" button next to your service and select "Manage my network & email"

3. Select "Change Email Password" 

Note: If you are still unable to log in after resetting your password, wait 12 hours for the system to update and try again.

Security Questions Help & Free Accounts

If you recently attempted to reset your password, you can use your account at www.att.com to reset it. Please note:

• The email must be tied to an active account for a password reset to work
  • Free emails do not have the option to reset via an att.com unless there is an account tied to it

Free Email 

A free email is a standalone email account that once was tied to an AT&T account. Once that account is canceled, AT&T no longer has the ability to reset your password. In order to reset your password, you must use your security questions to reset it

If you do not remember your security questions/ answers. AT&T WILL NOT reset your account. This is done to protect personal information since we cannot validate the email address. It is like giving away the keys to your car without verifying it is belongs to you.  AT&T currently has no workaround for these types of issues and is unable to assist.

Email Tips & Troubleshooting Solutions 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

2 Attachments

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Good Day...

I have concern regarding with my account.

I have Internet Email Account but then my account was disconnected. How can I access my email because every time I log in the error was" Your Account  was suspended because of my line was disconnected" And now my question was is there any other way to 

get my email even my account was not actived? Please Advice 

John

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @johndp,

Your email will convert to a free email account. However, is you have services that were disconnected due to billing issues then those billing issues will need to be addressed to regain access to the email account. Visit this link for more information about "Free Accounts".

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have several Prodigy.net e-mail accounts via AT&T.  I haven't been online much this weekend and just noticed that the 2 primary use accounts have not sync'd/received new e-mails since Friday.  Also, my home page, while allowing me to see my.yahoo.com, isn't the usual layout or background picture.  When I try to sign in to work with my accounts, it won't accept my password.  To reset my password, I have to use a temporary password which is being mailed to...you got it...my account that won't sync...so I don't have the temporary password, either.

Oh, and of course, the "customer service" phone number takes me to a voice message that says they're closed!
What's up and how do I get this working again?

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

When I moved from dsl to uverse, att cancelled my dsl line. The userid is no longer linked to my MAIN email account.  My main email account is linked to nothing.  I have no access to it!!!   I cannot reset this email password.  I know the subaccount passwords, just not password to the main account. HELP

Once att cancelled my dsl account, the userid and password are no longer linked.  No matter how many times i reset the userid password, it doesn't touch the email password.

This cancelled access to my MAIN email account.  I do NOT remember the password for this account evidently. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I need to reset my Bellsouth email account.  I dont remember connecting it to my ATT Internet account or Direct TV.  But it says it is.  How in the world do i reset the password?  I am losing access to valuable emails everyday. 

Is there a number i can call and they can reset it for me?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

username name or password for ATT is incorret

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Hello...

Thank you for the advice! How ever If i log in to Yahoo it say that my Account was suspended? 

Would you mind help to how to access my email in any optional provider? 

Thank you 

John Hill

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Did you ever get an answer on how to do this? I'm trying to recover my sbcglobal email address but can't remember the exact email address or password. every time i try the recovery on the att page it says the old email address doesn't exist.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @Kelly0304,

This article has information on how you can change your password. It also works for free accounts. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

contact 23424242

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.