Need to update email settings?
ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Tuesday, September 27th, 2016 3:50 PM

How to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T

You are here because you can't sign in to your email or you forgot one of your many passwords. Resetting your password is one of the fastest solutions. Let's get started!

How To Change Your Password

Go to www.att.com or use the myAT&T app:

1. Login to the myAT&T app, scroll, and select "My plans & features"

2. Hit the "plus" button next to your service and select "Manage my network & email"

3. Select "Change Email Password" 

Note: If you are still unable to log in after resetting your password, wait 12 hours for the system to update and try again.

Security Questions Help & Free Accounts

If you recently attempted to reset your password, you can use your account at www.att.com to reset it. Please note:

• The email must be tied to an active account for a password reset to work
  • Free emails do not have the option to reset via an att.com unless there is an account tied to it

Free Email 

A free email is a standalone email account that once was tied to an AT&T account. Once that account is canceled, AT&T no longer has the ability to reset your password. In order to reset your password, you must use your security questions to reset it

If you do not remember your security questions/ answers. AT&T WILL NOT reset your account. This is done to protect personal information since we cannot validate the email address. It is like giving away the keys to your car without verifying it is belongs to you.  AT&T currently has no workaround for these types of issues and is unable to assist.

Email Tips & Troubleshooting Solutions 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

2 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @ADAMS196,

Sorry for the trouble with your login ID. Visit this link to help you locate your ID. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

regards,

ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

i am having problems loging in to my account. I have a app on my phone that wants a email address and the only one i have isn'ty working. So what do i need to do

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I am trying to reset my Yahoo email password for.  Every change or forgot password path takes me to an att.net change password page.  I've updated this password several times, but it does not update my Yahoo email password.  This is extremely frustrating.  Why are these accounts even linked in the first place, and if they are, why is my password change not reflected with Yahoo?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

7 years ago

@chrissaam   The ATT password covers access into the account, only way in by att.net online and att pop3/imap/smtp settings for access.  If you go in by Yahoo, it should bring up att.net for email.

There is no Yahoo password when they are linked/merged.  The big if, did Yahoo know our ATT passwords?  Yes, so they probably were in that 2014 breach, reported in 2016. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Here are some specific cases where I am having trouble:

1. Adding my Yahoo mail account to my iPhone.

2. Logging into the Yahoo Fantasy Football app with my Yahoo ID.

In both cases, I have to enter a Yahoo username and password.  What username/password should I use?  I have tried my Yahoo username, Yahoo email address, and att.net email address (all with the ATT password).  None of these work?  The forgot password link takes me to att.net.  This is all a very frustrating experience.

Second question, is there any way to decouple Yahoo from ATT?  This is an unnecceary link to begin with.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

7 years ago

@chrissaam  Only after you leave ATT Uverse service, then there is some goofy 60 day rule about it. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I was trying to register the account on the internet but it tells me it already had access on internet. I do not have the user ID or password, i do not remember what email was use cuss i do not remember doing this access. would you help me. i have the account number and address information 

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @gbywlv

We are sorry for your inconvenience. We will be glad to help. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Provide your name, 9 digit U-verse account number, and phone number. We may need more information to be able to take any action within our systems.

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am trying to reset my password and the only password it seems to reset is the log into the att world not to my email account. I don't care if its my yahoo or my sbcglobal.net account email I want to change my password as someone has been sending out spam using my yahoo account. How do I fix this? It is getting really annoying that the only password I am changing is the att world not my email ever link takes me back to the same freaking place.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have never changed my password , but Yahoo does not recognize it and I am not able to 

secure my emails????????????

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.