Protect yourself online
dadret3's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, October 26th, 2013 1:18 PM

How do you change from att mail to windows live mail?

I just updated to Windows 8.1 and IE 11 is part of that.  I would like to switch my primary email account from att.yahoo to windows Live Mail so how do I do this.  Setup instructions are not clear]I'm not really sure what to use as my email address or password or exactly what the servers are:  Do I use ATT Account user name and password or my ATT mail (yahoo alias) user name and password? I think the servers are pop.att.com and smtp.att.yahoo.com but I've tried several different combinations and none of them work.  I think there are several problems with compatibility of IE 11 and some other applications.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hopefully this will help:

Windows Live Mail Setup For U-verse

You can open Windows Live Mail by typing it in the Start menu or from All Programs > Windows Live > Windows Live Mail.

1. After you have opened Windows Live Mail, select Add e-mail account. Note: If you are using Windows Live Mail for the first time, it will automatically pop open the Add e-mail account window.
  2. In the email address field, type your full AT&T email address.
  3. In the password field, type the password associated with your AT&T email address.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Remember password.
  5. In the Display name field, type your name the way that you want it to appear to other people when you send an email.
  6. Place a checkmark next to Manually configure server settings for this e-mail account.
  7. Select Next.
  8. Next to My incoming mail server is a___, select POP3.
  9. In the Incoming server field, type pop.att.yahoo.com.
  10. Under the Incoming server field, place a checkmark next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
  11. In the Port field to the right of Incoming server, type 995.
  12. Next to Log on using, select Clear text authentication.
  13. In the Login ID field, type your full AT&T email address. Note: This field will default to only the first part of your email address. You must type in the full address, including the domain (e.g., test@att.net).
  14. In the Outgoing server field, type smtp.att.yahoo.com.
  15. Under the Outgoing server field, place a checkmark next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
  16. In the Port field to the right of Outgoing server, type 465.
  17. Place a checkmark next to My outgoing server requires authentication.
  18. Select Next.
  19. If this will be the account you send mail from the most, place a checkmark next to Set this account as the default mail account.
  20. Select Finish.

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

10 years ago

Hello Dadret3,

Just checking up on your post. I see Beebeesa shared a great step-by-step solution to configure your att email on Windows Live mail. Were you able to get Windows Live to work using these steps?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I too have the same problem.  The setup up given is not consistant with the Live 2012 essentials format.

Unable to send or receive messages for the ATT (name) account. The host 'pop.att.yahoo,com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.

Server: 'pop.att.yahoo,com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes
Socket Error: 11004

Help

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.