Need to update email settings?
queengeek's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, December 29th, 2017 2:18 AM

Where are my sbcglobal.net emails?

Since Yahoo and Sbcglobal email accounts were decoupled, I now need to access my sbcglobal.net email. 

Is there a web interface to this email account? I tried start.att.net suggested in another post and it simply sends me over to yahoo email. Is there a pop3/smtp server to access?

Please provide the necessary information to retrieve sbcglobal.net email.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Is there a pop3/smtp server to access?

Yes.  The settings are here.

Note, while this may solve your immediate problem of accessing emails (although when it comes to yahoo and att dealing with these legacy domains all bets are apparently off) this won't eliminate the problem of you eventually having to figure out a way to access the webmail.  Why?  Because you must visit the webmail every so often to see what the yahoo spam filters think is spam email thus moving those to the spam mailbox.  You got to periodically review the spam mailbox on the webmail to look for stuff that shouldn't be there.Man Frustrated  There's no overriding it since yahoo knows better than you what's spam! (of course I'm being sarcastic)

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I feel your pain.  The only way I've found to get to that mailbox is by setting it up through the email app on my phone.  There doesn't seem to be a way to access it through a web browser on my laptop.  Shame on AT&T for assuming people would only access email on their phones.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for this reply. Can you share the names of the smtp and pop3 servers you used on your phone?

🙂

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

The settings match but today it's not retrieving emails at all on my iphone.  What else should I try?  Should I delete the account on my phone and try to set it up again? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I need to change my password on my email account, HELP

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

On way you can do it is through here.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

When I click the here hyperlink nothing happens.  I had my sbcglobal.net email reactivated but still unable to get in.  The login in is still being processed by yahoo and I get the message your account has been deactivated please contact AT&T service, which I did to have it reactivated.  However, I am still unable to get into my free AT&T email.  Please help

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

what does this mean?

how can I retrieve my sbc email/password

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My mother has the same problem. Her sbcglobal.net email account was more than 10 years old and she needs to get emails from business associates. If anyone learns how to fix this issue, please post the steps or method or phone number to call. Or email me at cary.sholer@yahoo.com. Thank you!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am having the same problem and ATT is no help.  I have been through SOOOOO many departments and reps. One digital suppport tech told me I needed my old DSL account # from 1998-2012. She wanted me to find my old paper bills and supply the #'s to her. Sheesh!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.