Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How can I block emails from top-level-domain .pw?

Contributor

How can I block emails from top-level-domain .pw?

I have been receiving emails  from a spammer that uses a very sophisticated technique.  On my iphone, using the mail app, the domain comes through to the inbox as contact@beautycod.net.  However, when I view the very same email on my computer, the sender is the advertiser that is being promoted by the  beautycod.net domain.   I have tried to unsubscribe, but continue to get 8-10 of these emails to my inbox every day.  The spam filter does not seem to pick it up.  So far, I have blocked the sites using the blocking tool on the web email tool.  However, I seem to get new advertisements after a day of so.  I tried to check the website for beautycod.net, but it does not appear to be a valid web account. 

How do I ultimately block or stop these emails? 

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: How can I block emails from top-level-domain .pw?

On my iphone, using the mailapp, the domain comes through to the inbox as contact@beautycod.net.  However, when I view the very same email on my computer, the sender is the advertiser that is being promoted by the  beautycod.net domain.

What do you mean "being promoted"? "contact@beautycod.net" is a full email address.  The domain is beautycod.net.

I have tried to unsubscribe,...

That was a mistake.  Now "they" know they have an active valid email address.  Never unsubscribe to spam.

So far, I have blocked the sites using the blocking tool on the web email tool.

You can block an entire domain with the webmail blocked addresses just by specifying the domain (for example, beautycod.net should block everything@beautycod.net).

All this is only valid if these emails are in your inbox and not being picked up by the att/yahoo spam filters.  They have precedence over user defined settings.

Update:

What's this all got to do with your thread title about blocking emails with a domain that ends with .pw?  If not already being filtered as spam create a filter with a From that ends with .pw.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Update: It has nothing to do with the blocking a .pw domain,  I tried to search for a solution before asking my question and that was the closest thing that came up.  I thought I was asking a new question, but apparently I missed that the subject had been carried over. 

Yes, I know unsubscribing from a spam email will result in problems.  I didn't start unsubscribing until after these email landed in my inbox.

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

I search for the answer to my second question and set up a filter for the domain and email address to be blocked.   I'll know in the next couple of day if it is effective. 

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support