Protect yourself online
AlderBoy's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 22nd, 2017 9:21 PM

How can I block emails from top-level-domain .pw?

Emails from .pw domain are getting more and more frequent.  Is there a way to use a wildcard in the email address to block or ban all emails that have .pw in the senders address.  I want these emails deleted as soon as received.  I don't want them going to the Spam folder

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Possibly could use block addresses in the webmail for full email addresses (gear->settings->blocked addresses).  Probably want to use a filter (gear->settings->filters) and define a filter for a From address that ends in .pw.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

This seems to have worked!  I was receiving 15 to 20 of these emails per day.  After I created a filter to
send all .pw emails to "trash", which is emptied automatically,I haven't seen one.  Many thanks!

Scholar

• 

79 Messages

6 years ago

I tried this with a "*.pw" filter and designated them to go to "Trash" and it didn't work.  All of the "*.pw" domain sourced emails are still going to the spam folder.  Could you post an example of the filter entry you were successful with?  Thanks.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Could you provide the steps to do this?  I don't know where to start because this is a foreign "language" to me!  I am way far out of my comfort zone, but I am super aggravated at all of the emails I get each day from .pw addresses.  Don't know why spam isn't catching these, but like AlderBoy, I'd like them to be deleted immediately instead of going to spam anyway.  Please teach me how to do this!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@mbb522

I described the steps in post 2.  Once you are in the filters pane click Add.  In that pane I also described most of the settings but I'll emphasize them here, i.e., From ends with .pw., move message to trash.  Click save button. 

Note that creating a filter is just a waste of time if the email is already being classed as spam by the spam filters because the spam filters get first crack at the incoming email.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.