Helpful Links

Homepage starts with vertical scroll buttondown about one half an inch from top

Highlighted
Tutor

Homepage starts with vertical scroll buttondown about one half an inch from top

When I open my browser and it goes to the homepage (att.yahoo.com) the page starts with the scroll button about 1/2 inch down from the top. I then move it to the top (to get to the top of the page) but as soon as I move the cursor off the scroll button it drops back down, I have to do this several times before it stays put and acts proper. If after moving the scroll button up the first time I try to select the horizontal scroll button for the upper news stories the vertical scroll button for the page (and the page) drops down to the top of the lower set of news/stories. Again I have to move the scroll button up several times before it and the page stay put and in position. I was going to blame this on the recent update for Firefox but Internet Explorer does this also. Since I have two laptops with different OS (window XP & windows 7) I tried the other laptop (windows 7 ) and it behaved properly until I purged all the cookies on it like I had with this laptop, then it's behavior changed and it now does the same thing. So this problem seems to be related to the sites cookies. My browsers are set to accept cookies and after I visited the homepage the cookies were back yet the issue persists, also I never deleted any cookies from Internet Explorer and it exhibits the same problem. This issue is annoying but I can work around it / live with it but a fix would be better. Anyone else experience this issue ? Any suggestions ? This laptop is an older IBM Thinkpad R61 with Windows XP Pro service pack 3 Browser is Firefox version 30.0 Other laptops is Dell Inspiron 15R Windows 7 Home also with Firefox 30.0 Any help would be appreciated.................
Message 1 of 9
Community Manager

Re: Homepage starts with vertical scroll buttondown about one half an inch from top

Hey sundial2,

I tested it on couple of different computers and browsers, with Windows 7 and 8.1, Firefox and IE and I'm not seeing this behavior in any of them. I believe your assumption is correct about cookies, have you tried clearing your cache and cookies?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 9
Tutor

Re: Homepage starts with vertical scroll buttondown about one half an inch from top

I think this whole thing started when I cleared out all the cookies stored in Firefox. My Dell laptop did not exhibit this problem until I cleared out it's cookies, something I did not do with I.E. yet it too has this issue. I'll try clearing caches or possibly wiping Firefox and Installing new version from scratch. I do not have this issue on any other web pages or sites, a very strange issue indeed. Thanks for responding and I'll try a few things and see if I or someone can get to the bottom of this.
Message 3 of 9
Tutor

This afternoon I uninstalled Firefox and removed all traces of files and folders related to Firefox including profile backups etc. files in program folders and user folders were deleted as well as every Firefox folder I could dig up. I then removed Internet Explorer's temp files and bookmarks, and History, cookies, especailly if it related to att.yahoo.com. I then downloaded the full new version of Firefox and went to att.yahoo.com and the problem persists..........There is got to be something related to how this page is configured, I can view page source or page info by right clicking the page but the config info is greek to me. Again anyone who has experienced this or has any helpful ideas please reply. I did go and set up a "my yahoo" front page and it works perfectly fine even though most of the same content is on it including the news stories and the "Today" content, I'm confused.

Message 4 of 9
Contributor

I also had the same issue. I was using internet explorer and already tried clearing the cache, cookies and history. I even tried to reset IE. When I download firefox, I had the same issue.
Message 5 of 9
Tutor

It is becoming apparent that this is not a browser issue specifically, I have learned of other people who are experiencing this issue but I still can't tell how wide spread this. It is time for some technical help from ATT/Yahoo, although this issue is not a "game ender" it does make it a colossal pain to use the homepage especially while going through news stories !

[word filter avoidance]

Message 6 of 9
Tutor

hannaI14...... just wanted to say thanks for your reply ! I'm sure there are more people having this problem and if some of them write in, we can get a better idea of just how widespread this is & maybe get some help from ATT/Yahoo, possibly get this resolved.

Message 7 of 9
Tutor

Final update, I do not know what has changed but this problem has apparently resolved itself. I no longer have this issue, so if you are plagued by this give it a week or two (maybe more) and hopefully it will cure itself for you too.
Message 8 of 9
Contributor

I am having the same problem on chrome.  And I cant even get to settings to try to fix it.

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Announcements

Having trouble with your email? Need to change your password? Has your email been hacked? Check out the links below for help! Don't Forget To Search The Forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support