Protect yourself online
Jeane_1's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, January 1st, 2013 2:33 AM

Help with e-mail problem - see below

When sending an e-mail with an attachment, I clicked on "attach files more easily"  Now I get a flashng message "this page asks to use plug-in that can only run in 32 bit mode"  Then has message on the same flashing line "restart in 32 bit mode"  I can't get it to do anything or to cancel all of this.  Also it is running very slow - including this typing message.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

@Jeane_1 wrote:
When sending an e-mail with an attachment, I clicked on "attach files more easily"  Now I get a flashng message "this page asks to use plug-in that can only run in 32 bit mode"  Then has message on the same flashing line "restart in 32 bit mode"  I can't get it to do anything or to cancel all of this.  Also it is running very slow - including this typing message.

Jeane_1,

I thought that was the case, when searching for a solution for your issue Firefox users were coming up with that exact problem. I'm not sure of a definite fix for Firefox but go to the following link for Firefox support and type in, "this page asks to use plug-in that can only run in 32 bit mode," this will bring up a list of possible fixes. I hope this helps.

Mozilla Support

James

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

Jeane_1,

Are you using Firefox by chance?

James

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Yes, I am using Firefox.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks, I will try that.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I did as you suggested and got a solution to my problem.  It is working as of now! Thanks again for your help.

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

Jeane_1,

Thank you so much for letting me know that your problem was resolved, you just made my day!

James

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Your email might have been set to the newer version which uses plug-ins for that work.  Thus resulting to a slow response especially if you have a slower computer too.  You might want to convert your email to the mail classic version as this has lesser visuals and will have a faster response.  Once you're logged in to your email, you can try this link to go to mail classic temporarily to have a more basic view of your email and thus avoiding the slow response and plug-in issue.

http://us.mc598.mail.yahoo.com/mc/launch

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

The reply function on my emails does not work. It used to. How do I get it to work again?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.