Protect yourself online
QJR8395's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Sunday, June 24th, 2018 6:22 PM

HELP!!! I accidentally hit the accept button for the new OATH Terms & Conditions. CAN I UNDO!?

I was riding in car using cell phone to log into AT&T email. Once again the opt-in page for the new OATH Terms of Service came up. While scrolling down to the bottom to press "I'll do this later" as I normally do. Right at that moment we hit a bump, my phone flew out my hands; as I tried to keep it from hitting the floor I grabbed it and my hand hit the "Accept" button!!! OMG!!! I NEVER INTENDED TO ACCEPT THIS!!! CAN IT BE UNDONE!!!???

PLEASE TELL ME YES AND EXACTLY HOW TO FIX IT!!!

THANKS.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

According to the OATH TOS, if you have been using the att/yahoo email (i.e., one of OATH's services) by now (see first paragraph of those TOS) you accepted anyhow.  See section 12c.

A guess though with respect to getting the prompt back (even though as I said it probably doesn't matter) is to clear the "appropriate" cookies in your browser.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

THIS DID NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!!!!

I DID NOT MARK MY PROBLEM AS 'SOLVED' EITHER!!!!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Another ACE (@skeeterintexas) did.  But IMO I think it is as best you are going to get (of course I wrote it so I'm biased).  If those OATH TOS are interpreted properly what difference does it make if you don't get the prompt?  Why would you want the annoying for something you already implicitly accepted?

But I did suggest a way that might get the prompt back.  Clear the cookies that hold this (I'll let you figure this out, it's not that hard) or take the nuclear approach and clear all your cookies.  I'm pretty sure it's a cookie that remembers whether you clicked that accept or not.  But do you seriously think that by getting the prompt back and not accepting it while continuing to use att/yahoo email  excludes you from their TOS and allows you to use their servers where the OATH TOS don't apply?

I'm sorry you don't like these answers.  You use att/yahoo email you're under OATH whether you like it or not.  If this angers you, and based on the fact you shouted (upper case) your post in bold, don't use att/yahoo email.  You are free to choose any other email service provider you want.  No one is locking you into using the servers controlled by OATH.

Having said all that, I can clear the "solution" flag if you still insist.   Just say the word.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

@_xyzzy_  Perhaps we need a "This is the answer whether you like it or not"  button!  Smiley Happy

What people don't understand is that by simply USING Yahoo mail they've accepted the TOS by default.  The prompt is just a formality.  NOT clicking on "Accept" is not going to make a difference and removing the "Solution Accepted" banner won't change that fact.

*smdhSmiley Frustrated

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@skeeterintexas, that's exactly what I was trying to tell him. Man Frustrated

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

Sometimes it takes hearing the same info from another source and told in a different way for someone to accept it and GET IT!  Smiley LOL

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.