Protect yourself online
pawriter's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, November 15th, 2018 7:13 AM

Forwarded mail NOT appearing in att.yahoo inbox

My web server forwards several email accounts to my bellsouth.net account.  It's been working for several years - until a little after 5PM on Nov 9.

I've changed nothing, so how did Yahoo break that process?

My hosting company says the messages are getting to the bellsouth.net address without error but they don't appear in my inbox.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

...but they don't appear in my inbox.

Is that the att/yahoo inbox in the webmail?  Have you checked the trash and spam boxes?

Do you have a legacy account (e.g. sbcglobal.net, pacbell.net, bellsouth.net, etc., i.e., any att domain other than att.net)? 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Included in the original message - it's a bellsouth.net email.  Never have had anything that was att.net.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

So it's one of the legacy accounts (ok, missed it in the original post, sorry).  What about the spam and trash folders in the webmail?  Did you check them like I recommended?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Nothing in Spam or Trash.

Messages seem to be accepted and just disappear.  I have multiple log pages of messages being forwarded "successfully" - as in no errors - but never appearing.

Perhaps it's time to set up and RPi mail server of my own and not rely on the junk mail companies...

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Not sure what a "RPI" mail server is but if it needs port 25 opened up then you'll have to go through that ritual with att to get it unblocked.

Don't know what to tell you.  There's been a few posts recently where email just seems to be going into thin air.  Might have something to do with the unmerging of the legacy accounts and att and yahoo currently trying fix up the mess they created.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

RPi - shorthand for Raspberry Pi, a hand -sized Linux box that's a very capable computer.  I have an older one running the web server on my internal network.  As long as it has power and a network connection, it just keeps running - to the point that I only check it perhaps once a week.  Somewhat more reliable than Yahoo at the moment...

I retired from AT&T (the parent AT&T, Long Lines division) at the end of the previous century after 30+ years of technical training, course development, field support for the 4ESS electronic long distance switch, PC tech support and a number of years in a skunkworks software group in Atlanta.

I'm more likely to be writing The End Of Civilization As We Know It fiction than software these days, but I still have technical interests - most recently designing and building a "wait until daylight" solar-charged "generator" (a really big UPS that runs 12 hours) so I'm not out in the dark or a thunderstorm starting a backup generator during the too-frequent power outages.

My first published novel is here https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LVU5ILA

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.