Protect yourself online
PamelaBeau's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 25th, 2017 7:23 PM

Emails from Hotmail account are being blocked by prodigy.ner server

My sister email ends in hotmail.com. She us trying to email me. I am AT&T customer. The message she is receiving is flph390.prodigy.net rejected your message to the following email address: and my email is listed.

can you help?

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

Obviously no one is taking care of this site...sorry.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

@'all have made a post an a public forum provided for AT&T users to communicate with other AT&T users.  While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, you should have no expectation that any particular action will come from such a post.

You should instead click this Customer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the envelope in the upper right corner of this site, next to your avatar and name) in a business day or three. You can speed things up by including your name, Billing Account Number and the best way and time to reach you.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Meanwhile...

The message she is receiving is flph390.prodigy.net rejected your message to the following email address: and my email is listed

Presumably that was in a bounce message returned to your sister when when sent the email to you.  Usually bounce messages also indicate why the email was bounced (albeit sometimes cryptically).  So it would help if you could post the rest of that bounce message.

Note, some email servers will bounce a message simply because it doesn't like the language used or references a blacklisted web site (stupid censorship IMO).  But the bounce message at least would indicate that in some way (possibly as cryptic as an error code which may have to be searched for to know its meaning).

Update: I just noticed this thread started May 25 but was recently added to by KateLacy1945 who then created another related thread.  The OP for this thread apparently never returned.  Gee, that was a waste of typing.  Sigh Man Sad

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Generating server: CY1NAM02HT195.maial.protection.outlook.com

beaubian@bellsouth,net ( my email)

flph390.prodigy.net

i hope this helps.

Thank you.

Pam

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Is that the entire message?  If so, when I said sometimes these bounce messages are cryptic, for this one that's an understatement. Man Frustrated

The part I think is significant is the "protection.outlook.com".  I googled that an looked over some of the hits.  It looks a bit complicated but from what I can gleam from it makes me believe that your sister's email is being blocked at her end and not by the att/yahoo servers.  Indeed it's been confirmed by others hotmail.com is not being blocked by yahoo (don't remember the post but it was fairly recent).  That google search prompts me to ask some additional questions (and forgive me if I have context or terms wrong since I am a Mac user, not a PC/Microsoft user).

• Is she using Outlook on Microsoft 365?
  • Is she using a Microsoft product called Exchange Online?  If so can she turn that off and still send email?  Worth a try.

These things seem to be related to some of the hits I got with that google search.  If CY1NAM02HT195 is some kind of error code I couldn't find anything on that.  That's why I went after "protection.outlook.com".

Note, the bounce message is sent back just like any other normal piece of email.  So the message has a email header.  Normally you see just things like from, to, subject, maybe date.  But there's a whole lot more in the header that isn't shown.  Most email clients have an option to see the entire raw email as text.  There could be some info in there that may be useful, no guarantees.

I don't know if anything has changed from the old Mac Outlook I have laying around on my system, but if it hasn't, right (contextual menu) click on the bounce message in the message list (I assume they still have that list), and click on "view source" if its there.  That should bring up the raw text of the mail including all the headers.  There may not be any additional useful info in those headers but it should show that the email is not getting as far as the yahoo servers in the routing info contained in those headers.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

PamelaBeau should have posted the full rejection message not just parts of it so it can actually be analyzed.

She could (and should) just omit her email address and that of the recipient(s) for privacy's sake. That way the rest of the message can be checked.

The bounce should have included an email address for her to forward the bounce to for resolution. Something like this...

flph390.prodigy.net gave this error:
flph390 DNSBL:ATTRBL 521< sender's IP address goes here >_is_blocked.For assistance forward this email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

Anyway, limited info = limited results

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.