Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Mar 4, 2013
3:45:23 PM
View profile
Email hacked

I had my email account hacked.  I set up this account years ago and have moved six or more times, not remembering the information I used when I first set it up.  I'm being told I can't be helped to at least shut down my account.  My friends are getting hit with emails with bogus attachments, and I am afraid other information may be taken from my folders.  There has to be another way to verify my account so I may protect myself and my friends

I had my email account hacked.  I set up this account years ago and have moved six or more times, not remembering the information I used when I first set it up.  I'm being told I can't be helped to at least shut down my account.  My friends are getting hit with emails with bogus attachments, and I am afraid other information may be taken from my folders.  There has to be another way to verify my account so I may protect myself and my friends

Accepted Solution

Email hacked

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 5, 2013 7:46:27 AM
(0)
Former Moderator
Edited by Dorlese_D on Dec 16, 2013 at 1:57:20 PM

jeffstaser wrote:

jeffstaser,

Hello and welcome, I have included a few links below that will hopefully take care of this situation.

My AT&T email account may have been hacked, phished, or compromised

Email password change or reset

If you're still haven't been able to reset your password or get into that email please send a private message to our ATTCustomer care team by using the link below. Please provide your name, an accessible email, phone number and the best time that you can be contacted. Please also allow up to 48 hours for a team member to contact you.

Private Message

Thank you,

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

jeffstaser wrote:

jeffstaser,

Hello and welcome, I have included a few links below that will hopefully take care of this situation.

My AT&T email account may have been hacked, phished, or compromised

Email password change or reset

If you're still haven't been able to reset your password or get into that email please send a private message to our ATTCustomer care team by using the link below. Please provide your name, an accessible email, phone number and the best time that you can be contacted. Please also allow up to 48 hours for a team member to contact you.

Private Message

Thank you,

James

Re: Email hacked

[ Edited ]
2 of 7 (1,480 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2013 10:47:07 AM
(0)
Community Support

Jeffstaser,

Thanks for sending us a PM.  I have notified one of our Social Media Managers and they will be in contact with you soon.

–Ray, AT&T Social Media Manager 

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Jeffstaser,

Thanks for sending us a PM.  I have notified one of our Social Media Managers and they will be in contact with you soon.

–Ray, AT&T Social Media Manager 

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

3 of 7 (1,449 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2016 1:06:39 PM
(0)
Contributor

my e-mail has been taken over and am getting multiple mailer-daemon messages, 

my e-mail has been taken over and am getting multiple mailer-daemon messages, 

4 of 7 (385 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2016 2:53:33 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same issue. Have received more than 3,000 mailer daemon messages since 7/4/16. Help!!!!

I am having the same issue. Have received more than 3,000 mailer daemon messages since 7/4/16. Help!!!!

5 of 7 (360 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2016 5:06:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

I reset my e-mail password. recieved four more mailer-daemon messages since then. waiting to see if it continues.

I reset my e-mail password. recieved four more mailer-daemon messages since then. waiting to see if it continues.

6 of 7 (338 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2016 5:43:18 PM
(0)
Contributor

I Have researched a little more. Odds are that this will subside as more and more people black list the senders e-mails and they become less effective. blazingfibre.net has three options on how to fix this. I probably would need help from att people to implement the fix. I don't think this is a password issue. Blazingfibre says that they probably aren't trying to attack our domains  but have just randomly sellected our domain to send spam by forging the mail headers to make it seem like its coming from our domains. The amount of mailer-daemons we see are probably about the same amount that are actually getting through.You just don't see the successful ones. Hope this was of some help to you. good luck. Paul

I Have researched a little more. Odds are that this will subside as more and more people black list the senders e-mails and they become less effective. blazingfibre.net has three options on how to fix this. I probably would need help from att people to implement the fix. I don't think this is a password issue. Blazingfibre says that they probably aren't trying to attack our domains  but have just randomly sellected our domain to send spam by forging the mail headers to make it seem like its coming from our domains. The amount of mailer-daemons we see are probably about the same amount that are actually getting through.You just don't see the successful ones. Hope this was of some help to you. good luck. Paul

7 of 7 (332 Views)