Protect yourself online
Becca1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, November 29th, 2018 5:32 PM

Email format

The format of my email has changed. I don't like it and don't know why it changed. How do I get my previous email back?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

If you are asking about the webmail it is what it is.  There's no going back.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

498 Messages

5 years ago

If you click on the gear icon at the upper right then More Settings at the bottom of the new column, you will see a link in the left column "Switch to Classic Mail".  Note this may take you further back than you wanted to go!  It's your only other option until they decide to change it again.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

You can go to the "Settings" button on the right side of your mailbox (looks like a circular gear) and when you click on that you will get options for your email. You can change the color of the mailbox, Message layout, Inbox spacing and some other settings to make it look like it did before they "upgraded" your email program.

I hope this is format you are asking about.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I don’t have a gear on my email. It is on the Basic email setting and I can’t change it to the “recommended “ which is what I think I had. Help!!!

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

If you are in classic (used to be called basic) and see "Switch to the newest att.net Mail" near the upper right of the mail list pane then click that to get to the "new" email layout (used to be called "full featured").  If you don't see that, sorry, you can't use the new layout because you are not using one on the so called "supported" browsers.  You need to switch to one of them to use the "new" layout.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you so much!!!! I switched to a different browser and was able to fix my email. Thank you!!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.