Protect yourself online
el_bucho's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 3:12 AM

Email contacts disappear

Today I noticed a problem with my email contacts missing in my sbcglobal.net/yahoo email account.  When I click on the contacts tab it says I have over 120 contacts and displays them all.  When I click on a list of contacts that I created it says the list is empty, then when I click on "all contacts" it says that I don't have any contacts.  Also, when a contact sends me an email, my inbox say 2 new emails, 0 from contacts.  Is anyone else having this problem or can explain what is going on?  Anyone from AT&T on this message board that can help?  Thanks

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Print out a copy of your contact list asap as you may soon be unable to print it.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

Already have. 🙂  Thanks.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion to try the "classic" version.  I'll see what that does.  I have also imported my contacts to my gmail account and may just switch to that as my primary account.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

I'm being to think ATT and Yahoo don't care about their customers. Again I've lost the ability to automatically load my contacts.

This is getting to the point that I wonder if we really need AT&T along with Yahoo.

With all the information that I have on my computer I really don't want to do a reload of Windows Vista 64 to see if that will solve the problem.

I see that others who have tried other web browsers have had no luck in getting their contacts to work properly.

I don't really know what to do next. I NEED my contacts!! (no I'm not shouting, just emphasizing the need).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I've been having this same problem for some time now...finally reached someone helpful today at ATT customer service.  First, it seems like the problems started when I changed to the newer version of ATT mail.  I'm told they don't have all the bugs worked out yet!  Anyway, to solve my problem I had to 1) change my password, and 2) switch back to ATT Classic mail.  I had tried to do that on my own, but would always get a Feedback window instead.  Customer service helped me to bypass the feedback window and change my mail back to Classic mail.  All my contacts have been restored.

Hope this works for you!

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

@csn279 wrote:

I've been having this same problem for some time now...finally reached someone helpful today at ATT customer service.  First, it seems like the problems started when I changed to the newer version of ATT mail.  I'm told they don't have all the bugs worked out yet!  Anyway, to solve my problem I had to 1) change my password, and 2) switch back to ATT Classic mail.  I had tried to do that on my own, but would always get a Feedback window instead.  Customer service helped me to bypass the feedback window and change my mail back to Classic mail.  All my contacts have been restored.

Hope this works for you!

A few added comments.  The "new AT&T mail"  (aka web mail) is several years old now.  There is yet another newer email client that isn't well behaved with the Contact list either.  I've heard from others and I have tried Classic Mail and while Contacts did appear better, eventually problems cropped up.  YMMV

I did a search on several other yahoo mail related forums and found that contact list problems have been around for years.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I had the same problem but I contacted AT&T and we found out I needed to switch over to "Mail Classic" when you want to send out an email to all your contacts.  I'm a Avon Rep and I have 300 contacts and was getting so upset that I couldn't find them.  But now it works.  Go to "Options" on your email page and switch over.  Then switch back over to your regular email.  Has something to do with BETA which won't work with contacts.  Hope this helps!

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

12 years ago

That's fine and I've heard about switching back, but....... this has been a long term problem and it should get fixed.

An update:  I'm now using the newest web mail and contacts have been working for the past 2 days.  A week or so ago they weren't.

And the BETA is no longer the BETA and that's the version that is now working for me now.   I don't have many contacts but none were working prior to a few days ago.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I printed my contact list. Trying to switch back to classic but when I click on the button nothing happens. Guess I'll be making a phone call.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I've been having a similar problem with my contacts especially when I want to add contacts to a particular category.  The new contacts appear when I first add them BUT when I come back to it another time, those "added" contacts are no longer there!  I spent an hour with an att.net Support Tech.  She said I have to use the Mail Classic version for my email.  Well, I did and it still did not work.  Then she said the problem is with AT&T and not the user.  Their engineers are working on the problem and should be corrected in a couple of hours.  Eight hours later, it's still not working! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.