For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
Charliecat's profile

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

Thursday, March 9th, 2017 1:52 PM

Email coming in with prodigy address instead of my att.net address

Yesterday I noticed some of my incoming email addressed to a prodigy account instead of my att.net email address.  What is going on?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

it was a glitch and not a hacker, also i have received notification that the issue has been resolved already. The address you were seeing was an internal alias, all new mail will show correctly while the old mail will still show the alias.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Me too. And it seems to bypass all filters.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

7 years ago

We've changed all of our att.net passwords, run all our antivirus, tried more than one browser and pc and operating system (eg android) and it appears as if it's happening at the yahoo server level.  This needs a response from ATT or Yahoo.   Some come in with various prodigy email addresses instead of ours and some come in with the correct id and occasionally those that came in with correct id are then changing to the prodigy email address when we look at them later.  An example:  ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

7 years ago

Glad to know it is not just me.

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, that looks like what I am seeing. I hope someone from ATT monitors this site.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

7 years ago

I hope so too - don't know how to get their attention unless there's more activity on your original post.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

7 years ago

Surely this is some form of hack.  I'm worried about sending email and infecting those to whom I send email

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

7 years ago

It just happens on some of my email. What about you?

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

7 years ago

Yes - some of it never changes, some of it comes in (or goes out) with the prodigy id and some remains correct to my email address(es)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Same ... just some of the email

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.