Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Email coming in with prodigy address instead of my att.net address

Highlighted
Teacher

Email coming in with prodigy address instead of my att.net address

Yesterday I noticed some of my incoming email addressed to a prodigy account instead of my att.net email address.  What is going on?

Message 1 of 29
Contributor

Re: Email coming in with prodigy address instead of my att.net address

Me too. And it seems to bypass all filters.

Message 2 of 29
Teacher

We've changed all of our att.net passwords, run all our antivirus, tried more than one browser and pc and operating system (eg android) and it appears as if it's happening at the yahoo server level.  This needs a response from ATT or Yahoo.   Some come in with various prodigy email addresses instead of ours and some come in with the correct id and occasionally those that came in with correct id are then changing to the prodigy email address when we look at them later.  An example:  ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 3 of 29
Teacher

Glad to know it is not just me.
Message 4 of 29
Teacher

Yes, that looks like what I am seeing. I hope someone from ATT monitors this site.
Message 5 of 29
Teacher

I hope so too - don't know how to get their attention unless there's more activity on your original post.

Message 6 of 29
Teacher

Surely this is some form of hack.  I'm worried about sending email and infecting those to whom I send email

Message 7 of 29
Teacher

It just happens on some of my email. What about you?

Message 8 of 29
Teacher

Yes - some of it never changes, some of it comes in (or goes out) with the prodigy id and some remains correct to my email address(es)

Message 9 of 29
Contributor

Same ... just some of the email

Message 10 of 29
Teacher

And the prodigy address keeps changing - the numbers change as I described above.

Message 11 of 29
Teacher

If you're reading this and seeing the same problem, please note it, and reply somewhere in this thread.  If there's notc enough activity I doubt someone from ATT will reply.

Message 12 of 29
Teacher

Yes, this is definitely what I'm seeing. Most emails are still addressed to me, but a few are addressed to the address ending in prodigy.net--and those emails don't go to my Inbox: instead they go to Archive or Junk. My Amazon account is now compromised as well. Please, AT&T, address this problem!

In my case, the false address begins with h.r@alph . . . The numbers following alph vary--143, 148, 148. Always ends in prodigy.net
Tags (4)
Message 13 of 29
Tutor

i am experiencing the same.

Message 14 of 29
Contributor

I'm having the same issue and have been very concerned all morning. I visited my bank to verify my account hasn't had any unauthorized activity, it hasn't! If anyone gets to the bottom of this please respond so we can all get some peace of mind.
Message 15 of 29
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!
Additional Support