1 Message

Friday, May 20th, 2016 6:26 AM

Early termination fee?

What is the early termination fee??

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Since I've been satisfied with my mobile service as well as Direct TV, I thought I could get a bundle of TV and Wi-Fi in my new apartment on L Street in Sacramento. While the Wi-Fi was being installed, the Direct TV guy said my unit was facing the wrong way and they couldn't install TV. I called ATT to find out about Uverse but found out service did not reach my area. Bottom line, I couldn't get a bundled package, which I really want. Now I want to cancel the ATT Wi-Fi and go elsewhere for my bundle. Found out from people in our building that Comcast works the best for our area.

I have been calling 800-288-2020 since I understand this is the customer care number. For the past 40 minutes, no one has cared, since I've been on hold the whole time.

I am very, very disappointed with ATT's lack of responsiveness, and lack of service to the area (this is Sacramento, the Capitol of California!).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Okay, so I have to admit that in spite of the long wait on hold, the person I finally talked with was terrific. Her name is Nicole and she sure did exceed expectations in politeness, quality of service, and handling the problem. Thank you Nicole!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

i took direct tv with package deal with wireless phone service after it was put i found out that my alarm sevice would not work as it is adt and req a landline phone line so with the package i had to cancel service i know there is fee but i had a good reason & i dont think the full fee should be appled as i am unable to use the sistem thanks         carol carpenter 3132 s 7th st , terre haute in  47802

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

7 years ago

I believe that ADT has equipment that can make it work with a cell phone, service. Call them and check into it. They are the dominate player and if they don't no one does, but I know that it does exist. Good Luck!!!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Good luck with that. Never even offered me this deal cam out and the DirectTV internet guy was gna hook up a phone line in my garage because it was close to the outdoor phone box, I said oh you put the box in the garage because it is just that a garage, so anyway he hooked up phone line and gave me dial up when I've had Comcast forever and was use to xfinity and pleased with could of been little cheaper but since the lady at AT&T told me could get all for less than Comcast. I should of known with AT&T that wasn't correct because I got DirectTV on March 2nd and internet on the 7th I was told my bill would be combined on April 15th which is the day or 16th AT&T drafts their money out of my account 893$ in march $569 in April but my DirectTV and internet was cut off, I called spoke with 7different people in five different states and 1 in India 1 in Iraq but the last one told me that shouldn't of been cut of so immediately cut on the tv's, I failed mention the internet so we hung up and the moral off the story I've called back daily ever other Day and talk to 15 different people and I still have no internet because I owe 66$, what was the 894$ bill what did that cover because it should cover phone service somewhere for several months. #overat&tDirectvwhoeverur!!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I wish I could get her when I call

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have been an att customer for over ten years and happily so. All my promotions were over i called and got new promos. I was aware i was signing up for that price for two years. Except att was not able to successfully enact that contract from the first day. I received two corrupted emails and then daily i was getting welcome emails with large bill totals. I had not made contact with them on the days that im getting these emails with changed service. Well my first bill came and it was in line with what i discussed the original representative. I get my second bill which was not even close to the "contract" we made. So i call again. Im then told he cant get me those promotions because they are not available 30 days later. HEY WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT CONTRACT WE MADE... Im calling them trying to get them to honor the contract and he tells me they cant because the rep was not able to give me those promos.. So he tells me they didnt apply my internet dicount so he is going to apply it... Case closed right no it isnt.... It looked like i upgraded my internet when i called to see why that ole contract isnt being honored. Well when i talked to rep 1 she upgraded my internet from 25 to 50 so i needed a tech to come and do that. On june 30 he comes and installs... But rep 1 i guess needs to apply that promo after the tech comes. Atleast that is what i am guessing since my internet promo is what is making my bill go up. So rep 2 tells me hes fixing it. But my bill is gonna be more... Wait what.. Contract where is that. 6 1/2 hours on the phone. My service gets shut off while im telling the retention rep to honor the Contract or shut me down. They shut my service off. The retention rep was the worst ever btw... I call back immediately because i didnt want to cancel my service but it seems the retention reps need their own escalation dept. I get someone who understands now what happened BUT of course they cant turn my service on but my bill will be the larger amount. What about that contract.. Still they are not honoring it.. Seems because my rep 1 needed to upgrage my equipment and service with a tech on june 30. So they told me i upgraded my internet to 50 with rep 2. Well thats funny cuz a tech came to my house the month before so why would i call a month later to upgrade to the 50 when i already had it.. I was so upset and drained after 6 hours of this and still beyond upset that Att is seriously Deceptive in their dealings. I am really beyond disappointed. I do not want to go to comcast but i am because i cant deal with for years paying faithfully on time and they try to rip off their own customers beacuse they depend on the customers getting so frustrated they give in. It doesnt make sense.. I was so happy when i talked to rep 1 and got that service. Now i literally cant even hear or see anything att without getting disgusted...i know that att will be affected even though im one customer, because im the customer who just wants to pay their bills and not think about getting ripped off by the folks im doing business with so i normally just pay my bills. Didnt mind paying a fair price for what im getting. They are liars and trying to be deceptive with their own customers. Done with att

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Doing my annual duty as an AT&T customer, I contacted AT&T in December of 2017 regarding my AT&T services. I was given assurances from AT&T customer service agent that my bill was going to be “close” to what I was paying in 2017.  However, when I received my bill in December and the bill had increased over 40%. 

I contact billing again, I was told that they would make “adjustments” so I would receive the pricing I had before and I would receive an email verifying those changes.  Guess what?  No email.  I contacted AT&T again.  I was assured that an email would be coming any day.  Guess what?  No email and the pricing remained the same. 

I made several more calls on a monthly basis to billing regarding charges on the AT&T bill.  I was transferred to “retention” where I was told an adjustment would be made.  Each time I received a bill without any changes.  The ultimate phone call to billing was in March when I was put on hold twice for over 10 minutes each.  I surmised that she was hoping I would hang up.  Since she could not shake me from the call, she arranged a call back the next day.  Guess what?  No call.

As a customer of AT&T for over 12 years I have never been treated more poorly by your customer service.  In fact I never have been treated more poorly by any of our vendors.  In my calls I would asked the agent why would I pay 40% more for phone service, when I had Spectrum constantly contacting me to switch (and for a lower price).  I trusted AT&T would try to make good on their word, but apparently AT&T had changed.

I will NOT pay for the $315.00 termination charge.  I already have paid over $100 more per month on the phone bill.  If your billing agent would have been honest initially about the pricing, I would have left in December of 2017.  All my time wasted with dishonest agents afterwards just made matters worst.  You definitely lost a customer for life.

I insist that you listen to the phone conversations of all my calls to your billing department and once you listen to them, I know you will be greatly ashamed and recognize any termination charges should be removed.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Doing my annual duty as an AT&T customer, I contacted AT&T in December of 2017 regarding my AT&T services. I was given assurances from AT&T customer service agent that my bill was going to be “close” to what I was paying in 2017.  However, when I received my bill in December and the bill had increased over 40%. 

I contact billing again, I was told that they would make “adjustments” so I would receive the pricing I had before and I would receive an email verifying those changes.  Guess what?  No email.  I contacted AT&T again.  I was assured that an email would be coming any day.  Guess what?  No email and the pricing remained the same. 

I made several more calls on a monthly basis to billing regarding charges on the AT&T bill.  I was transferred to “retention” where I was told an adjustment would be made.  Each time I received a bill without any changes.  The ultimate phone call to billing was in March when I was put on hold twice for over 10 minutes each.  I surmised that she was hoping I would hang up.  Since she could not shake me from the call, she arranged a call back the next day.  Guess what?  No call.

As a customer of AT&T for over 12 years I have never been treated more poorly by your customer service.  In fact I never have been treated more poorly by any of our vendors.  In my calls I would asked the agent why would I pay 40% more for phone service, when I had Spectrum constantly contacting me to switch (and for a lower price).  I trusted AT&T would try to make good on their word, but apparently AT&T had changed.

I will NOT pay for the $315.00 termination charge.  I already have paid over $100 more per month on the phone bill.  If your billing agent would have been honest initially about the pricing, I would have left in December of 2017.  All my time wasted with dishonest agents afterwards just made matters worst.  You definitely lost a customer for life.

I insist that you listen to the phone conversations of all my calls to your billing department and once you listen to them, I know you will be greatly ashamed and recognize any termination charges should be removed.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

If you are moving and your new address does not have internet service available with ATT would you still have an early termination fee? I would prefer to keep with ATT but it's simply not available at the new address. A $100+ early termination fee because internet is not available seems unreasonable. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.