Protect yourself online
presouz's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, December 8th, 2013 1:40 AM

December 11, 2013 new server settings

I never got an email but I got a phone call from AT&T saying they were having new server settings I can set the settings myself if I can find them I don't need to be calling tech support for help and waiting forever to get it. So does anybody know the new server settings they are speaking of? If you receive your email from their web-based email  you don't need to worry about it but if you use a third-party like windows mail outlook Outlook express etc. you need to change your server settings by December 11 this phone call said. And it gave me the tech-support number to call. Thanks for any help

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Not sure if this is related, but the web pages I set up years ago under Bellsouth when it got absorbed into ATT have disappeared in the last few days and my FTP program can no longer access these pages. My home page was http(colon)(2 forwardslashes)bellsouthpwp2(dot)net(forwardslash)j(forwardslash)a(forwardslash)japrime(forwardslash). Now when I go to it, it just defaults to the ATT home page. I called ATT support and was sennt to the AT&T Shared Web Hosting team at 888-932-4678. They, in turn, sent me to the number 800-436-8638. When I call that, after going through the menu I reach a message that tells me the number has been discontinued, goodbye. It is VERY frustrating to say the least. Can anyone help me, or has ATT discontinued allowing people to have their own pages?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Anyone have success in setting up Outlook 2013?  If yes, can you tell me how?

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have Outlook 2010.

Mid January 2014 my Outlook could no longer  send/receive ATT/Yahoo email.

In Dec. ATT sent me email on the new settings changes for att/yahoo.

inbound.att.net  (port 995)

outbound.att.net (port 465)

using POP 3

and yes I clicked on box for SSL

they worked fine until Mid January.

can only get my email via Yahoo web site.

is there an issue with att or yahoo servers? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.