Correct settings for outlook 2010 using imap

Contributor

Correct settings for outlook 2010 using imap

Does anyone know how to setup up and email mail address using imap settings for att.net emails in outlook 2010

Message 1 of 5 (19,131 Views)
Highlighted
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Loren.Zeidman
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Correct settings for outlook 2010 using imap

I have posted it before. The thing is, you will not be able to use Calendar with a imap mailbox as your default box. Just go with the standard POP settings.

Anyways for the search not wanting to, these are the settings again:

Incoming: imap.mail.yahoo.com; SSL authentication, Server Port 993
Outgoing: smtp.mail.yahoo.com; SSL authentication, Server Port 465

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Thank you
Message 3 of 5 (19,123 Views)
Teacher

Outlook 2010 doesn't allow one to specify port, so I did it like imap.mail.yahoo.com:993 (similar for outgoing) and it could not connect. Is this  correct syntax? Also should I choose "use secure password authentication" (I think that's what it said)

Message 4 of 5 (18,719 Views)
Contributor

Click on the more settings button on the bottom right of the sever settings page and you can specify the port you would like to use. 

Message 5 of 5 (4,050 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having trouble with your email? Need to change your password? Has your email been hacked? Check out the links below for help! Don't Forget To Search The Forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support