For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
JWDMMX's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 15th, 2016 11:33 PM

Contact List not being used to autofill adresses.

When addressing an email, the feature that makes suggestions from your contacts list as you begin inputting the contact has stopped working.  Any way to get this working again.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

You're right!  Disabling adblocker on yahoo mail cleared the problem.  Obviously a new issue as I've had adblocker for a long time but never experienced this problem.  Thanks.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hello @JWDMMX

When composing an email on the website, click on the "To" and it should bring up a list of your contacts. Then, select all of the contacts you want to include in the email and click the "Add Contacts" button.

Contacts.JPG

Contacts.2.JPG

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Unfortunately, the "To" box doesn't bring up the contacts list as it always has.  It appears to be a problem between  Firefox and Yahoo Mail.  When I use Safari to get to Yahoo, it all works as it usually does, with suggestions from my contacts list coming up automatically as I begin to enter an address.  Firefox has been a problem for about a week.  I wonder if it's a bug in their latest update?  I also have another problem with Firefox and Yahoo mail.   After replying to an email and returning to the inbox, the inbox is blank until I refresh the page.  Also annoying but not as bad as the addressing issue.  Again, Safari does not have this problem with Yahoo.

Guru

• 

498 Messages

8 years ago

"Sarfari" implies you're using a Mac?

I don't see any of these symptoms on Windows 8.1 and Firefox 43.0.4.  Have you tried starting Firefox in Safe Mode (which disables all installed extensions)?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

8 years ago

@JWDMMX

I can also confirm that the "to" contact list is working for me with Firefox(I made that screenshot using Firefox on Windows 7). The autofill when composing an email? Not so much. However, that is likely the blame of my browser addons. As lem3 mentioned, it's likely some Firefox addons. I did just try it for you and once I disabled my adblock, the autofill when composing returned.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I did all that was stated, however, at the bottom of my box it doesn't say "add contents". It only gives me a "done" or "cancel" option.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I did all that you recommended, however, in my box the only options it gave me was "done" or "cancel". When I clicked done, the next screen was my "compose" site with the entered address. I sent it then started a new email and tried to enter the letters of that contact. Still not popping up along with all the others I have.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.