Configuring Outlook 2011 for iMac with att.net

Contributor

Configuring Outlook 2011 for iMac with att.net

I'm running Apple OS X v10.8.2 (12C60) aka, Mountain Lion, and MS Office for Mac 2011, v14.2.5 (121010).  I have followed the advice and settings from another thread (same subject) and worked with the att 24/7 esupport help team and I'm dead in the water (sts).  I keep receiving the following errors, "Authentication failed because Outlook doesn't support any of the available authentication methods", with the following details - Could not retrieve mail. Account name: "Att", Error code: - 17897.  I can't receive or send emails via Outlook.

I've been using Outlook email features for years with cox and would really need Outlook to work with my new att.net account.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
Former Moderator

Re: Configuring Outlook 2011 for iMac with att.net

JugKS1996,    

Sorry to hear that your having this trouble. I have included two links below.

I found this first link perusing the web for answers, it's off the Microsoft help site.

Microsoft Support

This link is off our ATT forum and has a lot of helpful information on this subject.

Forum find

I hope between these two links your problem will be solved.

Thank You,

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having trouble with your email? Need to change your password? Has your email been hacked? Check out the links below for help! Don't Forget To Search The Forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support