For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
crawfordsf's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 25th, 2012 5:15 PM

Changing the TO line

I have tried several times to find the solution in the HELP sections, and it really should be a no brainer how to do it.  In other e-mail applications, you can do without much effort at all.  I have contacted Customer Support and they seem to know nothing.

Anyway, all I want to do is change the default setting for outgoing e-mail.  Currently it is putting my first and last name in the TO line.  I only want my first name to go out with my outgoing e-mail.  Any insight?

Like I say it should be a no-brainer and easily done, but I can't seem to get any answers anywhere, and I am somewhat of a computer geek.  But I am baffled now.

Thanks for any insight.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

@crawfordsf wrote:

I have tried several times to find the solution in the HELP sections, and it really should be a no brainer how to do it.  In other e-mail applications, you can do without much effort at all.  I have contacted Customer Support and they seem to know nothing.

Anyway, all I want to do is change the default setting for outgoing e-mail.  Currently it is putting my first and last name in the TO line.  I only want my first name to go out with my outgoing e-mail.  Any insight?

Like I say it should be a no-brainer and easily done, but I can't seem to get any answers anywhere, and I am somewhat of a computer geek.  But I am baffled now.

Thanks for any insight.

OK, I think you were talking about the From: line.

Go to your yahoo mail page and click on "options" when the mail options comes up, click on "Accounts" in the far left column, then under the "Accounts" list click on "att.net email" then you can modify the From: default name.

Don't forget to click the "Save Changes" button above the "Accounts" list.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

12 years ago

@crawfordsf wrote:

Thanks for any insight.

Are you using the website for your email or a third party email client like Outlook?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.