Protect yourself online
jelly822's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 31st, 2012 5:59 PM

Change Email Password

Can anybody tell me the easiest way to change my password for my att.net email? (It is NOT the same password as our AT&T account, and this email is NOT the contact email for our account.) I don't want to change the password for my email account and then have the entire AT&T account stuff be changed.

I've been around and around on this website, with no luck. I tried the "Contact Us" crap, and the site never loaded. I tried searching for a phone number but, oddly enough, there isn't one anywhere!

All I want to do is change this stupid email password (because there were spam messages being sent from it) so I can get on with my life. I've spent over an hour on this, and that is way too long! I'm getting to the point that I hate AT&T because of this hassle. I should be able to just go to att.my.yahoo.com and change the stupid password with no trouble!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I agree with you that it was WAY TO HARD to find an answer to this question, but my email has been hacked TWICE this weekend.  I think THIS is the best AT&T can provide in help w/ changing your password and avoiding this in the future... I didn't do this the first time so I can't blame it on causing the 2nd hack...

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409170#

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

OK, it has been 6 months with no answer. I have the same problem with the same no-responses. How do I change my att.net password? I cannot login to my att.net account to set it up for my laptop, iPhone & iPad.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

The link you posted still does not address the issue of changing your email password. I am beyond frustrated.

Mentor

• 

168 Messages

12 years ago

To correctly maintain your email accounts make sure that you update your security questions and answers and use an alternate email address for your contact email address. This way when your password no longer works all you need to do is go to att.com (official website) and click on forgot password. Enter your email AT&T email address for your user id and you'll have 2 options, Receive a temporary password via contact email address or Answer Security Questions. Answers to your security questions are case sensitive so make sure that you notate you answers clearly with capital letters when you update your questions and answers.

If you can still access your email account simply go to att.com (official site) and log in using your email address as your user id. Go to profile and click on change password. You might want to think about updating your security questions and answers as well.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I also need help. But I was told that my att.net address was a 'free email' account so they can't help me. When I go through the screens I don't get the option to obtain a temporary pasword. I have to answer security questions which I never answered in the first place (well at least one). I still haven't been able to get into the account. Is this a 'yahoo' issue or AT& T. Who can help me? I don't want to change my other password for my yahoo account. That was a NIGHTMARE!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Just had this problem with my free account because I was hacked. AT&T, why give me a free account and then say you can't help me fix problems with it? You suck.

As was stated in a previous post make sure your AT&T account profile security questions are updated and you know the answers. My AT&T account is attached to my Yahoo email so every time I tried to login to my att.net email to change the password it would automatically send me to the Yahoo email and sign me in. 

Google "att.net" instead and access a login page from there. Instead of typing in your password, choose forgot password. When I did this it took me to a page which (again) chose my Yahoo email to sign me in. CHOOSE "SIGN IN AS A DIFFERENT USER."  Then type your att.net email address and follow the instructions (which should include answering your security questions) to change your password on the free account. It worked for me, and I think these were all the steps I followed. Good luck!

Tutor

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

Not helpful! As far as I can tell the link does not give instructions for changing the email password.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I need to change my password in my sbcglobal.net and I have been trying for a long time and is not working can any one help me

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I have the same problem.  My email was hacked and I keep getting hundreds of "spam emails" from my self.

Can anyone help?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

all I want to do is revise/edit my password.  Because I tried 3 times I cannot see my email with my previous password.  Help.  Questions asked are not the questions of the past like mother, car, etc.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.