Protect yourself online
bacarley's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Monday, June 25th, 2012 7:07 PM

Cannot add "@att.sbc.bellsouth.juno.in" to Blocked Senders list

I have been receiving a huge number of email messages from@att.sbc.bellsouth.juno.in in my Spam folder. Even though they are being routed to my Spam folder, they are also redirected to my BlackBerry, so I would like to block this address. Unfortunately, the AT&/Yahoo SpamGuard does not allow me to add this address. I get an error message stating that the blocked address needs to be be in the form name@domain.com. I have attempted to add the various "Return Path" addresses and IP addresses, but these are rarely the same accross these emails. I attempted to contact customer service without success. Below is an example of the Full Header from one of these messages (with my email address deleted). Has ANYONE had this same issue and found a resolution? Thank you!

From LaptopConfirmation Tue Jun 19 06:22:48 2012
X-Apparently-To:    XXX@att.net via XX.XXX.XXX.XXX; Tue, 19 Jun 2012 06:22:51 -0700
Return-Path:  
X-YahooFilteredBulk:   199.15.253.206
Received-SPF:   pass (domain of executefinder.net designates 199.15.253.206 as permitted sender)
X-YMailISG:   llnkEbsWLDuK03QkozWh0dsb7MgfQZp4XacGJx4iWXnegool sT_GpqLdBY31fO4eZHGT4xhts95sq5R.jfoNUYucz9qfuGMpxOQL4P9cMTzc roPN3pwlcNzzn57pHeU3TKPRU2LQpiT7U.wp5xwqgh70mZRJuvQwGSp0sIbt ciebrU9YHFGsVczj7qVqGb56GS7IEeOiq0bn22svyjBqmMyFHIF70rdnBYJA ReIeDedww5_dGsalQAMYSNJAUrCFlXI8cOFVEfXYf.Sa2qdvHzlgdAD7bo0e hxjpK_5kbaGzIooi1s1tYeRMSdx3kV6VoFoV9Hr9qem1W3SX0mRhinvrI_cd 8qKzBKeRJF0Iy77E4MpWP3GETFnD4wiYqcjPteQ3NdAdQ6tvDpmrcNincvqo ly3XX4REtE0yUHLN1n7mYQums2vXfYuCWYt8KJjk_rOakBd.mp2XsvaLOQ8r wGgoHMbMUs5xawxgFdA3yCjEomsw74cfYHeKkLVHZlcMC4p0UFhvyqq7Ix_4 qRDhzndVBTZ78dW2UsNfuXc8KuXMBpJm1Y34jPVxiyLvP4zjKoiNpQrS2UzO v481kz6PPKnMD.cuCi8B5U3g663Rfy8rTwHrJHNqsaNoLJc805cLDTmg9c22 Qhdxd8SjdCaVQPtAhZWZeX1d7wtnF.5lMFOd..khRaAVgPPwAlhiaTcVbmkn ZwiKAGg1fdbjnGRgeqEpEgfErjQu1Uhyt3XZhENT.zDmE1qmtZpWN4XYUM6S HGpS1FLcUnwmeQOqvnJsz87gXQOfTbp3C0812BSq9X4WbZ9ErwmVW27hkjNI QTmgknc0JR1qmOWjSkLjzgsEJmZ0eiIFOv1yR10o1jSuxmF5w4KNbPrFnEG1 ujkBXzE4F1HH.GGEj11aPXKKDv.rBAu_5s2e9Mtng73TEZF8_EY882Svdukg 5Xmx_GXvBVz0dtXmnCRj47lonIEGaDyWywBWKfY8RfpdXY9umSywXZMWyaQ1 WqYJSqxW5k_qUhZHy8UiH3FsPwSSTbslcIJcniBmAL5XXPnr6OS0aBEKduF6 7P8licWvyRP7BWttq2BJIEcmh9ttY6cbKiGIduaKDgUccyOvRWjKXaQ3CA4x 2Yr4CQ5my3e8xOqZcKqyVOhj2mhP_1JH72IPQ8fLOpnqH8usM3V7VHfkpRA7 PXEaW99xgpEszRrwbP_OHi_jcPS22htUUo8a_wmF_miQRA--
X-Originating-IP:   [199.15.253.206]
Authentication-Results:   mta1059.sbc.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=att.sbc.bellsouth.juno.in; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=att.sbc.bellsouth.juno.in; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received:   from 162.93.253.149 (EHLO fgateway12.isp.att.net) (207.115.11.42) by mta1059.sbc.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 19 Jun 2012 06:22:51 -0700
Date:   Tue, 19 Jun 2012 13:22:48 +0000 (GMT)
X-Comment:   Sending client does not conform to RFC822 minimum requirements
X-Comment:   Date has been added by Maillennium
Received:   from executefinder.net ([199.15.253.206]) by att.net (frfwmxc12) with ESMTP id <20120619132248f12004cgqke>; Tue, 19 Jun 2012 13:22:48 +0000
X-Originating-IP:   [199.15.253.206]
Received:   from localhost (127.0.0.1) by executefinder.net id hs1uig0n7lg5 for XXX@att.net; Tue, 19 Jun 2012 08:59:52 -0400 (envelope-from )
LaptopConfirmation<@att.sbc.bellsouth.juno.in> 
Add sender to Contacts
Subject:   =?iso-8859-1?Q?Dell Shipped by FedEx to the Address You Provide?=
To:   XXX@att.net
X-Priority:   5
Precedence:   list
X-Mailer:   Zen Mailer (Bartmail 2.0)
MIME-Version:   1.0
Content-Type:   text/html
; charset=ISO-8859-1
Errors-To:   abuse@__bounce_dn
Content-Length:   683

{personal content removed}

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

On Yahoo on line mail, went to email options and entered the following:

Theses were found in the header marked as "Originating IP" Am sure more will turn up but since entering them have not seen any of the offence mesages [AT&TAppsBeta@att.sbc.bellsouth.juno.in@]

Note they are all coming from the same probably router as the 1st three sets of digits are the same and the last set is a specific computer.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Correction to last post. Today find same process being used but different server. Now using 162.xxx.xxx.xxx. For those that don't know where to find the IP, in Outlook, right click on the message title and select  Message options. Then copy the IP after Originating IP. This can be used in the filter for blocking these in the future. I don't know of a way the block a series so an adding one at a time into the (in my case Yahoo) filter. Yahoo allows 500 so you don't have to count. Hopefully someone will come up with a better fix.

FYI the emails are ssent through a program that some how makes them OK incoming but not for other purposes.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

On line go to email, email options, blocked senders list.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Using Thunderbird.  I simply click on the message (so Thunderbird knows which message to relate to),

Then  at top of thunderbird look at categories such as File edit View Go and click on Message, from there a drop down appears and click on Create filter from message.  then you have many alternatiives fo what to do with messages from the sender, or subject, etc.  I chose to use operations    FROM  then you can leave the filter to be very specific  IS or change it to CONTAINS ( which possibly stops variations in future) and then instead of leaving the entire email address from the originating sender, try cutting down the contains part to "juno.in" if you think you won't ever get any email worth opening from ......juno.in.

then in the perform these actions , you can change the action from "move message to"  to a more appropriate "Delete"   this will send email to your trash folder without your having to touch them in the future.  you can name the message filter anything you want at the top, otherwise it will name the message filter for you probably by what you put in the contains box.

Save the message filter.  next you can see your filters and have the option to RUN all your filters then, and if you click the run and you have named your filter correctly, it will be moved automatically from inbox to trash.  Depending on how you set thunderbird up, it will stay in trash until you delete it or you can set trash to automatically delete when you leave thunderbird.

Other email programs should have similar ways to set up filters.

I typically never click on the option to have someone take me off a mailaing list.  That operation only confirms to spammers that your email address is valid and will likely subject you to more email. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

"Community accepted resolution"???  How is this acceptable and who is "community"? It is surely not me and is surely not all those with this problem. This is the ATT acceptable solution because they can't resolve a technical problem that involves them and revolves around one of their entities (or is this URL/server fake? We don't know. You haven't said!). Not only that, thay cannot even speak about what is going on with this problem or what they have tried or can or cannot do about it. They are only in CYA mode and don't really care about their customers. Where are the technical support entries here pointing one to somewhere where they can see that they care? This thread is nearly a year old with only a single ATT entry from a "customer support" person who can only say "I'm sorry". I am leaving ATT for greener pastures as soon as possible, and I hate to say that. They should have the tech expertise to address this. Reading this I don't even know if tech support is even aware of it! Sheesh... sad. Listen to your customers! Pay attention! Do something! Say something! My gosh, you should be a "class" organization!

[Edited to comply with Guidelines.]

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

ATT's response on another forum (in another country!). You had better give this and your customers the attention they deserve. This is a nasty problem that you are not cooperating with your customers on. You are not informing them of anything helpful. None of your normal "customer service" level 1 suggestions work. Someone needs to take the bull by the horns, admit there is a problem inpacting customer here, and DO SOMETHING!

Me gusta · Comentar · 9 de julio de 2012 a la(s) 23:25 · Kansas City ·

AT&T:  Oh wow, Renica, that sounds incredibly frustrating. We're sorry to hear you're getting these emails. Would you please forward the next one you receive to abuse@att.net? You can also read more about how to protect yourself from emails like this by checking out the link below.
    http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB409746...
    AT&T - Protect yourself from email phishing and fake websites
    www.att.com
    Learn the answer to: Protect yourself from email phishing and fake websites

10 de julio de 2012 a la(s) 9:06
    D Arth Nana I am also getting over one hundred letters pre day now from this address, and I've done every single thing ATT said to do in their "spam" instructions, including forwarding dozens of these letters to "abuse" and the only thing that happens is one gets a reply saying att can only deal with samp coming from att, which this is not, and then suggesting you get ahold of the "offending" server. I'm now looking into changing my own internet account to another company because I dont' have the time to spend an hour a day marking these hundreds of spam letters in MailWashing which I was forced to buy just so I dont' have to download them to my computer. crappy service.
    10 de septiembre de 2012 a la(s) 13:47

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.