Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can't send email from sbcglobal.net account

Highlighted
Contributor

Can't send email from sbcglobal.net account

When sending while logged in through ATT, I receive the message  "Your message cannot be sent because it resembles span and/or contains only links.  Please modify your message and try again."

When sending from Outlook, it just doesn't go out.

Appears to be an sbcglobal.net issue.

Thanks in advance for any help

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by BobSinCA
‎08-15-2019 9:11 PM

Re: Can't send email from sbcglobal.net account

For the "resembles spam" problem try changing your account password.  That works for many with this problem.  I don't know if it will solve your email client app's problems though. For email client app problems my usual recommendation is to make sure you are using these server settings, and as recommended there, to use a secure mail key instead of the account password in the client.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Password change worked, thanks.

Makes you wonder why they couldn't request a password change, versus denying ability to send with reference to 'looks like spam....'

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

That error is just the result of more "confusion" due to the handling of legacy accounts since att and yahoo decided to unmerge those accounts from yahoo.  At least for this one case it's consistent which is why I recognized it and referred to it as the ""resembles spam problem".

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Help signing into your bellsouth or sbcglobal email. View Email Help!
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support