Protect yourself online
ezb8208's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, April 19th, 2017 8:25 PM

Can't send email, error 19

I received over 400 failure to send emails yesterday, obviously my account was compromised.  I went in and changed my password, erased cookies, etc.  I can now receive emails but I can't send them.  I can't send them from my iphone, outlook, or yahoo.com from 2 different computers or my phone.  Yahoo gave me a temporary error 19 but it has been doing it all day.  I contacted AT&T and got passed around for 45 minutes.

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

See this.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you. I had seen that earlier in the day but wasn't able to run virus scans on all my computers. I did that when I got home but nothing was found. I'm not sure if that helped or just time. It's fixed now. It did take all day for it to correct.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Well it did say that repeated attempts would keep it locked for a longer time.  So I guess you finally gave it enough time to "cool off". Smiley LOL

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How do you get error 19 to clear?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I can not see my e-mails

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I've had At&t service with Yahoo homepage and email for years. I left at&t and went to Time/Warner (Spectrum) internet for a couple years but never had any problems.  NOW I have been getting "error 19" in my email  for the last two weeks.  I know Comcast bought Yahoo and I have to change homepages and email?? I've chatted with at&t and Microsoft people and got all kinds of things to do to fix this problem  but keep getting the same error.  I can get my email with just At&t.com but I have to sign in to at&t and yahoo email every time  even though I marked the box to keep me signed in for two wks. 

I am so frustrated I don't know what to do?   Someone PLEASE tell me how to fix this NOW.....  Thanx

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

My email ended up fixing itself once I stopped messing with it. I had been hacked and had a bunch of undeliverable returns. I changed my password but then messed with it for hours, wrote this original post. Once I stopped trying to log on, fix it, etc. after 24 hrs or so of leaving it alone it worked again.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Changed password and then stopped trying to fix it and let it rest about 24 hours. It resolved itself.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

All of a sudden I'm getting a message that my email account is locked. Earlier, it stated att is having a problem. I've never had this problem before and really want this problem RESOLVED ASAP !!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.