Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can't send email, error 19

Highlighted
Tutor

Can't send email, error 19

I received over 400 failure to send emails yesterday, obviously my account was compromised.  I went in and changed my password, erased cookies, etc.  I can now receive emails but I can't send them.  I can't send them from my iphone, outlook, or yahoo.com from 2 different computers or my phone.  Yahoo gave me a temporary error 19 but it has been doing it all day.  I contacted AT&T and got passed around for 45 minutes.

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue?

Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by ezb8208
‎04-19-2017 6:10 PM

Re: Can't send email, error 19

See this.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 10
Tutor

Thank you. I had seen that earlier in the day but wasn't able to run virus scans on all my computers. I did that when I got home but nothing was found. I'm not sure if that helped or just time. It's fixed now. It did take all day for it to correct.
Message 3 of 10
ACE - Expert

Well it did say that repeated attempts would keep it locked for a longer time.  So I guess you finally gave it enough time to "cool off". Smiley LOL

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10
Contributor

Error

How do you get error 19 to clear?

Message 5 of 10
Contributor

Re: Error

I can not see my e-mails

Message 6 of 10
Contributor

I've had At&t service with Yahoo homepage and email for years. I left at&t and went to Time/Warner (Spectrum) internet for a couple years but never had any problems.  NOW I have been getting "error 19" in my email  for the last two weeks.  I know Comcast bought Yahoo and I have to change homepages and email?? I've chatted with at&t and Microsoft people and got all kinds of things to do to fix this problem  but keep getting the same error.  I can get my email with just At&t.com but I have to sign in to at&t and yahoo email every time  even though I marked the box to keep me signed in for two wks. 

I am so frustrated I don't know what to do?   Someone PLEASE tell me how to fix this NOW.....  Thanx

Message 7 of 10
Tutor

My email ended up fixing itself once I stopped messing with it. I had been hacked and had a bunch of undeliverable returns. I changed my password but then messed with it for hours, wrote this original post. Once I stopped trying to log on, fix it, etc. after 24 hrs or so of leaving it alone it worked again.
Message 8 of 10
Tutor

Changed password and then stopped trying to fix it and let it rest about 24 hours. It resolved itself.
Message 9 of 10
Contributor

All of a sudden I'm getting a message that my email account is locked. Earlier, it stated att is having a problem. I've never had this problem before and really want this problem RESOLVED ASAP !!!

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support