Protect yourself online
banana12345's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 21st, 2012 6:02 PM

Can't access old yahoo email account

Back in 2003 I have a yahoo email account. I used it until 2009 when i became unable to log into it. I NEED to get back into this account. When i try to log in on the yahoo page my password does not work. When I try to do a forgot my password or my account has been compromised, it kicks me over to the ATT page.

Heres where it gets complicated. In 2009 my mom opened an ATT account in my name with out me knowing. I had the account closed as she basically stole my identity. 

So when I try to do a password reset via the att page, it tells me my account is inactive and that I cannot do that.

A few months ago I sopke with ATT customer service and they told me that my yahoo and att accounts had been merged but that they didn't think I would be able to get into my yahoo account. 

I don't buy it,  does anyone out there have any ideas how I might get into my yahoo mail????

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

banana12345,

According to your post you haven't logged into your email since 2009 which is a very long time. In the following link from Yahoo it explains a few ways in which your account would have been deactivated.

Yahoo help

Thank you,

James

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

thank you for all posting answers. unfortunately none of the answers worked for me. i called at&t, yahoo and spent hours on this. I guess i'm leaving at&t. i cannot seem to get any resolution. very poor customer service!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have the same problem, I lost my address book, and folders..

Neither AT&T or Yahoo will help..

I wonder what would happen if I delete yahoo? Will all my stuff come back?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

If your email account is not used for a long time, the hosting company (Yahoo) will eventually close it to free up server space, but they might have it suspended first. Have you tried resetting your password?

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have a very old yahoo email account. My user ID isn't even my email address. When I tried to reset my password due to the security breach I was routed through ATT. When I entered my old yahoo information, the site did not recognize my old yahoo account as valid. I was guided to select a new email and password, so I did. After doing this I could still log onto my yahoo mail with the old User ID and password. After this I linked the old Yahoo account to the new ATT account thinking this would solve the problem; it did not solve the problem. I've retried changing my old ID and password numerous times but I am not permitted to in any other way and only get the same unsatisfactory results. I would like to keep this old email account, but I need to change the password to keep it. Today I received another email instructing me to change my password, Any guidance would be appreciated.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

me too!  same situation.  I accessed the email a few days ago but apparently it was hacked so now trying to reset my password and I just keep getting confirmation that my direct tv email address has changed!?!?!  Still can't get into my yahoo account of 15+ years!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.